Can't Get Bubble Bobble To Work!

copsey

Still Fresh
Hi all
I recently bought a f200, the main thing I want to run (apart from SNES emu) is bubble bobble. My mate runs it on a f100 on mamegp2x at full speed, and all is well. When I try and use his exact binaries to run mamegp2x and the bubble bobble rom I just get a black screen when I select to load the game (at the default speed, etc).
When I use mame4all, it runs, but it runs very slowly and the music is very slow. In fact, most things run slowly on mame4all - rtype is particularly slow given the processing demands of the game.

I just upgraded to 4.1.1 and if I use the non-cyclone core thing, it runs a bit quicker in mame4all.

Please help! Bubble bubble is my main reason for buying the console!

cheers

Ben

i don't really use mame and i don't have an f200 so im not much help with that.

but. what about the nes version? it runs very well on gpfce at a low clock speed

i remember having problems running bubble bobble, try the "super bubble bobble" rom instead

the master system version also is pretty good, but suffers from very low number of sprites on the screen

Do not use "bubble bobble", but "bobble bobble" They are the same game with different name, but bobble bobble works :) Besides, this particular game runs much, much better on Mame2x, not Mame4all. There are a few games that only work properly on the "old" version of mame.

Bubble Bobble rom is encrypted meaning it takes more effort for MAME4ALL to run it. The older MAME port couldn't decrypt it at all.

As juan said, Bobble Bobble is the way to go. It's an unofficial hack with broken decryption.

Woohoo!!! Bobble bobble on mamegp2x works like a charm

thanks all, made my sunday :)

copsey said:

Bobble Bobble in mame4all also runs like a charm (activating DrZ80).

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
Apart from the Aracade version which is obviously the best and original, the Sega Master System version is very good and probably the closest version to the arcade original.
And we can run it on the GP32 at 90mhz :p , Though i`ve not tried it any lower.

Trooper

Franxis said:
copsey said:

Bobble Bobble in mame4all also runs like a charm (activating DrZ80).

Regards.

Actually it runs better in mame4all, the music is (I think) the right speed, although I can't exactly remember what the speed should be as it was, like, 20 years ago I last played it in the arcade!

namco said:
Didn't the Atari ST have a version?
I think ALL systems had a version of Bubble Bobble!

Funny I've been wondering why my 2X wouldn't run Bubble Bobble, I'm sure its in the list of working titles on the MAME2X though, hence me putting it in there. Will try remember to look for Bobble Bobble. :) Thanks!

Back