Mame4all 2.2 Gp2x

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Again a new version of MAME4all for the GP2x from Franxis is available.

mame4all1.jpg

New in version 2.2:

Changes by Franxis:
- New timers system based on integers instead of floats. This gives more performance (10% to 25% depending on the game)!.
I have been working on it for months and finally it works. Please report any posible bug.
- Removed M72 sound hack, it is not needed now, M72 games run full-speed with the new timers system.
- Optimizations in the sound cores (mixing and clipping).
- Neo·Geo drivers are not compiled in the main executable, they are only compiled in the 'neomame' executable.
- Some other tweaks to decrease the size of the executables.

Changes by Slaanesh:
- Added new romsets from MAME 0.37b16:
Knuckle Joe (set 1) (kncljoe)
Knuckle Joe (set 2) (kncljoea)
- Updated Taito F2 driver. Sprite scaling for Dead Connection and others.
- Improved sound in Rygar. Still not perfect.
- Updated Blockout driver. Still crashes at bonus round.

Download: Archive.

Sources: Archive.

Source.

How can I get a list of games supported by this version of mame ? It's easier when it comes to gngeo2x or fba2x but I don't know much about mame on gp2x. And what are the games that I should have after installing mame4all 2.2 ?

Btw why is this silence on gp2x forums ? :( I guess I'm one of very few people who thinks gp2x is all that I need and have no interest in newer devices :eek:

Hehe, but you are not alone here... ;)

There is a textfile in the archive included, called "gamelist.txt" with the names of all supportet romsets...

Regards,
Stephan

How can I get a list of games supported by this version of mame ?
Btw why is this silence on gp2x forums ? :(newer devices :eek:
If you are familiar with telnet, you can run mame from a command line prompt and type the following command:

./mame -gameinfo

This provides you with a list of games that are compiled into that version.

There is still good interest in the GP2X - it's such a great little machine that I think it will be here to stay for a while.

Franxis' latest optimization of the timer system has also had an excellent speed-up effect on the GP2X version of MAME4ALL.
Many games which were "a bit too slow" are now playable. This includes the Namcos games like Galaga 88 and Splatterhouse.
Yes you still need 250Mhz (as fast as my trusty GP2X F-100 goes) and it's still not full speed but it's playable which is quite nice.

Another nice game is Space Dungeon. Despite being an older game it's surprisingly quite resource hungry to emulate.
Check it out if you haven't - same game mechanic as Robotron but with multiple rooms.

Of course, some other games that were already playable now have become full speed at even moderate speeds.

IMHO, the biggest gain of the timer optimizations have been for multi-CPU games.

Last edited by a moderator:
mame4all is fantastic. I do not know why, but using mame4all on the WIZ a lot better than on this plastic monster called gp2x. really like it!

is there a chance to fix enduro racer, WEC Le Mans and Pole Position?

W R O N G: I was on the WRONG Page, in the WRONG thread, trallala... This post was meant to be in the WIZ thread...

mame4all is fantastic. I do not know why, but using mame4all on the WIZ a lot better than on this plastic monster called gp2x. really like it!

W R O N G: I was on the WRONG Page, in the WRONG thread, trallala... This post was meant to be in the WIZ thread...

Pole Position runs pretty well on my plastic monster GP2X. It's quite playable now.

Pole Position runs pretty well on my plastic monster GP2X. It's quite playable now.

o.k, I always had troubles with the key setting. button down for acceleration and no key for gear shift.

Back