Mame4all 2.2 Released

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Again a new version of MAME4all from Franxis is available.

wiz1.jpg

New in version 2.2:

Changes by Franxis:
- New timers system based on integers instead of floats. This gives more performance (10% to 25% depending on the game)!.
I have been working on it for months and finally it works. Please report any posible bug.
- Removed M72 sound hack, it is not needed now, M72 games run full-speed with the new timers system.
- Optimizations in the sound cores (mixing and clipping).
- Neo·Geo drivers are not compiled in the main executable, they are only compiled in the 'neomame' executable.
- Some other tweaks to decrease the size of the executables.
- Fixed the icon to be correctly shown in GP2X and WIZ latest firmwares.
- WIZ: Added option to use 11 KHz and 15 KHz sound. The WIZ Linux port doesn't support such frequencies yet.
They are really converted to 22 KHz during sound playback. Anyway more performance is gained.

Changes by Slaanesh:
- Added new romsets from MAME 0.37b16:
Knuckle Joe (set 1) (kncljoe)
Knuckle Joe (set 2) (kncljoea)
- Updated Taito F2 driver. Sprite scaling for Dead Connection and others.
- Improved sound in Rygar. Still not perfect.
- Updated Blockout driver. Still crashes at bonus round.

Download: Archive.

Sources: Archive.

Source.

I hate to quote myself, but:

Source. Use this as a download link until the File Archive is updated!

Regards,
Stephan

Great !!!! :D

Mame is one of the biggest reasons for which it's worth to buy a Wiz !

Keep it up Franxis !!!

As usual thank you for your hard effort on this project Franxis! GPH owe you one!

I've said before and will say again ... theres not many who pursue a half-fps here and a fps-gain-there like Franxis :)

jeff

Just a question out of curiousity, why is Mame4all based on mame 0.37b16? Isn't it possible to use the latest mame 0.132? Just wondering?

Regards

André

Just a question out of curiousity, why is Mame4all based on mame 0.37b16? Isn't it possible to use the latest mame 0.132? Just wondering?

Regards

André
The most recently MAME version needs 33 MB RAM for the executable only. Maybe you can tweak it like MAME4all and make different files for several systems. But I think it's a lot of work.
Even if it's possible, MAME usually gets more hardware hungry from version to version. I don't know if it's worth the work...

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the graph on this link:
MAME versions speed comparison
MAME is getting slower with each new release. The MAME development's team emphasis is on accuracy not speed.
Since our humble handhelds don't have 3Ghz CPUs we have to compromise and opt for a version which provides games at a playable level.
Also, it's based on 0.37b5 not 0.37b16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just great like always, thanks.

One minor notice: (it was there in 2.1 too)
The scale option doesn't work, if you turn on diagonal fix, for CPS1 games.

Thanks anyway, it is already great release. (especially optimization :)

Yes... but would be a dream a Mame based on 0.67 code... many more great games...I believe that with a 800 mhz overclocked WIZ is possible... God Franxis tell you the miracle... :lol:

As you can see on his homepage, Franxis already released the GP2x version, mostly with the same features. I uploaded the GP2x version to the file archive. The GP32 Port is maintained by slaanesh. Perhaps he add some of the improvements...

Regards,
Stephan

Back