Beta Mame4All Beta

Great progress being made on this emulator :) , has anyone got Toobin' working, mine crashes to desktop (all 3 versions i have) :( .

Just tried this out, great version, most stuff runs brilliantly. Thanks for all the work on this.

There seems to be a strange bug in the controls for games that use a dial such as Midnight Resistance and Ikari Warriors whereby the rotation takes place when pushing left and right on the Dpad as well as the shoulder buttons. I've gone into the controls and specifically mapped only the shoulder buttons to the dial but the Dpad still activates it. Makes these games unplayable.

Dave18 said:
Just tried this out, great version, most stuff runs brilliantly. Thanks for all the work on this.

There seems to be a strange bug in the controls for games that use a dial such as Midnight Resistance and Ikari Warriors whereby the rotation takes place when pushing left and right on the Dpad as well as the shoulder buttons. I've gone into the controls and specifically mapped only the shoulder buttons to the dial but the Dpad still activates it. Makes these games unplayable.
Yeah Vindicators does this too.

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
CPS2 on the GP2X was kick ass, and the emu had a great frontend and everything(pics, rom info, ect). Hopefully it can just be ported over with a few tweeks to take advantage of the Pandora's resolution, keys, and processing power.

It was one of the first things I tried with Ginge, as CPS2 had some of the best arcade games of all time. I believe the front end worked, but the games wouldn't run. Oh well, someday! ;)

Chris

Find the source, let me know :) I vaguely recall it was descended from NJ's for PSP or NJ's for desktop, but don't see the source on dl.openhandhelds; see if you can find the gp2x source, or NJ's base source, and let me know ;)

JyCet wrote thew frontend I think? I wonder if he's still around..

Tower of Doom and Shadows over Mystaria ftw :)

jeff

I've been looking for sources to FBA and looking for CPS2 stuff, all this CPS2 talk has got me excited!

FBA source for gp2x - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,2440

CPS2 (I think this is the one people are talking about) - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,2006

The front-end for CPS2 - http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,2039

Hope this is useful to someone ;)

If this is completely the wrong thing then please ignore :rolleyes:

SteveM said:

Controls are described in the PND documentation.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I access this documentation?

Update: never mind, I go to the "start" menu, and open the Documentation section!

Hey! Sounds like this is going great....can someone just tell me what romset to use so that I don't need to trawl through this thread (remember I have a new baby in the house so don't call me lazy!)?

NickLoTurco said:
Hey! Sounds like this is going great....can someone just tell me what romset to use so that I don't need to trawl through this thread (remember I have a new baby in the house so don't call me lazy!)?

.37b5 I think is the one. Look for that, or something explicitly for mame4all. You can also get a current set, then rebuild to .37b5 with the mame rollback set and romcenter or clrmamepro if you have the appropriate dat.

Much easier to get the latest set and create your own .37b5 set. This is what I did.

I think you'll struggle to find an old set like that to dl.

don't call me lazy!

Stop being lazy!! :D

I wrote gave a bit of a walkthrough on another thread -

"Romcenter does what you need. It took a little fiddling round but it does.

Open a DAT which is required (download a DAT file for .37b5)

Open a rom path to where your roms are stored (in your case a folder containing whatever mame romset you have downloaded)

Click on the rom path, in the main left window, it will list all the roms. Roms with "OK" next to them are ones which should be compatible. Highlight them all, right click>Shell operations>Copy to and copy them to a new folder where you want to store them

Copy this new folder to your Pandora and they should work fine."

NickLoTurco said:
Hey guys, just need to check something before I run this or else I can't reverse it back. I found a DAT file called v.037B05, is this the correct one?

Just download the latest WIZ-Version of the emulator, there's the correct dat included in the archive :)

Last edited:
NickLoTurco said:
Hey guys, just need to check something before I run this or else I can't reverse it back. I found a DAT file called v.037B05, is this the correct one?

That sounds like the one :)

Make a copy of your original mame roms!! Then use romcenter to edit the copies you just made. You may need to use the Fix Game option so will be editing the roms, always best to make a backup.

Hey guys! I assume it was the right one as most games seem to work.....some games just go to a blank screen though, like Ms Pacman, do I need to fix those roms using romcenter? Also, when exiting some games, rather than going back to the rompicking screen it kicks you out to desktop!

NickLoTurco said:
Hey guys! I assume it was the right one as most games seem to work.....some games just go to a blank screen though, like Ms Pacman, do I need to fix those roms using romcenter? Also, when exiting some games, rather than going back to the rompicking screen it kicks you out to desktop!
There are some roms that won't work even when you have a perfect set, but most should be good. Ms. Pacman has 2 roms in my set, one is a hacked game, and the other is the normal game and they both work. So you may need to improve your set.

Chris

Steve, or anyone, has there been any progress with the sound bug? This popping is really kind of ruining quite a few games. Is this still being looked at or has it been given up on?

I haven't been looking at the sound problem myself, working more on getting analogue controls working right when I get a moment, which unfortunately hasn't been that often lately.

While I'm here, I would like to extend a big thank you to those of you who have generously donated via the app store. Hopefully you all know by now that it's completely unnecessary, but I can assure you it will be put to good use all the same ;-)

SteveM said:
While I'm here, I would like to extend a big thank you to those of you who have generously donated via the app store. Hopefully you all know by now that it's completely unnecessary, but I can assure you it will be put to good use all the same ;-)

You've ported/created virtually half of the programmes I use for my Pandora, so your work's been worth every penny from my personal perspective! Glad to hear you're still working on it, even with time limitations of late.

Back