Mame4All, cave shooters inverted

vputz

Still Fresh
Just a curiosity. I've tried the current Mame4All beta successfully with a lot of roms to great result... but for some reason, the Cave shooters in my collection (DoDonPachi and a few others) have the screens display upside down--which would not only be inconvenient but the controls are still the "right way" as if the screen is rotated 180 degrees.

Any fix for that, or is it some weird setting I could tweak? Trying "rotate" rotates the rotated screen 90 degrees (now 270) and the reversed controls 90 degrees, so it's still no help.

SteveM says this:

I've tried this Dodonpachi that everyone keeps talking about :p

It works but screen is upside down? Tried the rotation, which only changes it 90 degrees. Has anyone else got this working the normal way up?
This is really weird. It was upside down in an earlier release, so I added a couple of lines to flip it right way up. Now, despite that code still being in there, it's upside down again. Not sure what's going on - maybe something gets saved in the config to cause it to get flipped twice or something. Anyway, I changed the code (again) and it looks like it's fixed (again) so it'll be in the next release.

It's only fixed specifically for DoDonPachi. Here are the other games which use the Cave driver:

• Dangun Feveron
  • ESP Ra.De.
  • Uo Poko
  • Guwange

Are these also affected? If so I can probably find a more global fix.

This might be heresy but does anyone else want them to play across the screen, R-Type style, so they use the whole display?

Back