Mame4all Roms Folder?

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Upgraded my brand new OOB 4.0.2 to 4.1.0 successfully.

MAME4ALL says I have no ROMs

Where should I move them?

Please advize

Danks always

Link
gp32_console

EDIT I searched all over on this, no luck... ReADME.TXT NO HELP

I'm on a MAC, just read the readme.txt file

not sure how to go about using the

"Please use "clrmame.dat" file to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by
this version for GP2X, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available in next webpage:

http://www.clrmame.com/"

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Link
gp32_console

From MAME4ALL readme.txt:

mame.gpe -> Frontend to select games
mame.png -> Icon for the frontend
mame -> MAME emulator
mmuhack.o -> MMU Hack Kernel Module
autorun.gpu -> Script for the auto-run
cheat.dat -> Cheats definition file
hiscore.dat -> High Scores definition file
artwork/ -> Artwork directory
cfg/ -> MAME configuration files directory
frontend/ -> Frontend configuration files
hi/ -> High Scores directory
inp/ -> Game recordings directory
memcard/ -> Memory card files directory
nvram/ -> NVRAM files directory
roms/ -> ROMs directory
samples/ -> Samples directory
skins/ -> Frontend skins directory
snap/ -> Screen snapshots directory
sta/ -> Save states directory

You place the ROM sets in the "roms" folder. If they are not being recognized by MAME4ALL, it could be that they are incorrectly named as exact filenames for the games are required, or it could also be that they are not in a ZIP format.

ClrMame Pro is a utility that is used to manage, check, and format the ROM sets and files. The "clrmame.dat" that was included in MAME4ALL is the data files that tells ClrMame Pro what games are included and how to format them to work in MAME4ALL.

There are tutorials available on how to use ClrMame Pro. Check the documentation link in the ClrMame Pro site for links to some of the tutorials.

EDIT: Take note, there could be ROM sets that won't work even if they are listed in MAME4ALL; this could be because the files inside are incomplete or incorrect, or the parent ROM set is missing. This is where ClrMame Pro comes in handy. (Well some games just don't work at all due to compatibility or other reasons.)

hmm,

Thank you Francis. I tried putting the roms into the roms folder where the Mame4all files are, no luck. I want to be sure my roms are in the proper format. IE 1942 folder contains a bunch of .bin files

Is that how they should be? Its not a .zip

All of my roms each have there own folder, I had them in a folder I created where my Snes, Nes, Gba Roms live.

I feel dumb asking for help on this.

Peace

Link
gp32_console

No, don't unzip the files. The ROM set should be a ZIP file containing all the files (BINs, ROMs, etc). i.e. 1942 is a ZIP file called "1942.zip" which contains "03k_sb-4.bin", "03k_sb-4.bin", "03k_sb-4.bin", "03k_sb-4.bin", "1-c11.bin", "1-f2.bin"...

cool,

Thank you both for the help.

I'm at work I'll try the whole zip thing, maybe I have some bad Roms or they are in the wrong filetype.

I've used Mame a few years back in Windows.

Peace

Link
gp32_console

ROMS now show up after I start MAME4ALL but the screen goes black after I select them....

What now?

I've tried multiple roms from different sights/sources, they are in .zip format

I'm lost, so close, but still no MAME :(

Help?

THANX

Link
gp32_console

It might be because the ROM sets you acquired are not in the proper format or contains incorrect files. MAME4ALL is based on an older version of MAME, which is why a lot of the ROM sets you get from these sites might not work as they are intended for the newer MAME version.

Use ClrMame Pro to check and format the ROM sets and files. If you don't want to or can't format them yourself, then you could just search for torrents for the GP2X that contains the ROM sets for MAME4ALL. ;)

Hey all,

I downloaded a 1.85gb torrent from ...

Anyway, all games show up in MAME4ALL, whenever I select one, the screen goes black and hangs...

I've tried it on a few different ones.. What is going on here? These can't be all be bad ROMS, it got it from a good GP2X site it seems... It is a version from March of this year, is my MAME4ALL too current for this?

Please

Please

MAME

1st EDIT MY MAC OSX 10.4 opens iPhoto when I click on clrmame program cmp3114a_64.exe on my desktop

2nd EDIT Downloaded MAMEGP2x and it works, why won't MAME4ALL?

Hmm... those ROMs should be fine. :unsure:

Here are some questions and things that you could try, that I can think of:

- How do you launch MAME4ALL? Do you do use GMenu2X? Any settings changed?

- In MAME4ALL, did you change any of the settings when starting a game?

- What games have you tried? Are they the parent ROM sets?

- Try changing the Sound setting in MAME4ALL to a different frequency.

- Try also redownloading MAME4ALL, and do a clean install.

As for ClrMame Pro, I don't think that will work in Mac natively. EXEs are Windows files, and to run in a Mac, I think you would need to use a converter app or boot to a Windows OS.

Manjuu said:
Hmm... those ROMs should be fine. :unsure:

Here are some questions and things that you could try, that I can think of:

- How do you launch MAME4ALL? Do you do use GMenu2X? Any settings changed?

I go into Games
Select SD
Go to MAME folder
select the .exe file to launch MAME4ALL

I don't use GMenu2x? Should I be?

- In MAME4ALL, did you change any of the settings when starting a game?

NO

- What games have you tried? Are they the parent ROM sets?

A few, I'll try more

- Try changing the Sound setting in MAME4ALL to a different frequency.

OK

- Try also redownloading MAME4ALL, and do a clean install.

Doing that as I type this
As for ClrMame Pro, I don't think that will work in Mac natively. EXEs are Windows files, and to run in a Mac, I think you would need to use a converter app or boot to a Windows OS.

THANKS for the help on this!!

Peace

Link
gp32_console

YOU ARE AWESOME MANJUU, THE REINSTALL WORKED FOR MAME4ALL!!!! SWEET
Is there anything I need for the GP2XMenu program other than the install files from the .zip? I'm using a new OOB F200 4.0.2 flashed to 4.1.0 Thanks again!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mjlink said:
Manjuu said:
THANKS for the help on this!!

Peace

Link
gp32_console

YOU ARE AWESOME MANJUU, THE REINSTALL WORKED FOR MAME4ALL!!!! SWEET
Is there anything I need for the GP2XMenu program other than the install files from the .zip? I'm using a new OOB F200 4.0.2 flashed to 4.1.0 Thanks again!!

:)

You're welcome. :)

Hmm... do you mean GMenu2X, or are you referring to the default GP2X menu? If it's GMenu2X, then all you really need is the install files from the ZIP. You might also need to setup the autorun to automatically launch the menu on start-up. I'm pretty sure the Readme that is included has instructions for these stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back