GP2X Man Sdl Addon Are Slow For Everyone ???!!!

GP2X_Coder

Website
mysite.verizon.net
I created my own font engine and I gained 40+fps over using SDL_ttf font the same thing with SDL_mixer I wrote my own audio playback routine and gain another 20+fps over using SDL_mixer music. Was the addons for SDL not optimized or were they just porly written? I was just wondering if this is the same for everyone?

Thanks. :)

Sorry mislabled the title I meant. Man are SDL addon's slow for everyone?

I dunno, my game runs at half the speed it's supposed to, and I'm using my own synthesizer, and drawing routines pixel by pixel instead of the blits (probably slow, but I can't achieve the graphics I want with the blits). I'm trying to use the MMU hack, but I really don't think I'm using it right, because in theory, if my drawing routines could poke at the ram faster, wouldn't that speed them up?

I got rid all my floating point variables and replaced them with a fixed point library, and that sped it up significantly from about quarter speed to half speed, but I don't know what else to do now. :S

I admit that I am thinking that I am missing something as my framerate caps at 47fps and I cant figure out why :S.
Note that I am using the HW Libs rather then GPH's version.

yaustar posted on Jul 14 2006 at 06:47 AM said:
I admit that I am thinking that I am missing something as my framerate caps at 47fps and I cant figure out why :S.
Note that I am using the HW Libs rather then GPH's version.

Check your LCD Settings bar-- it seems to select the LCD framerate and what SDL programs vsync to. On the far left, ~112hz, on the far right, -30. So you might have it too far to the right, try putting it all the way to the left. Granted this is how it operates on my MK1 Second Edition .. not sure how it would work on the MK2 LCD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh.. I thought it be something like that.. this is going to require some thought..

Back