Release Mari0

Nice release!

Can you change the nubs to joystick mode?

This way you can change the options to "Use mouse: NO" and properly use the nubs (AIMX AIMY), I think it should be way faster to aim.
I haven't tried, but you can. Open the right_nub file inside appdata/mari0 and put "absolute" instead of "mouse". (or use the latest beta of PNDConfig).
Thanks for the tip.

Worked much better than the mouse option, I suggest you to try.

:)

Oddly, when I do that here, my right nub stops doing anything, and I have to use the touchscreen to aim.

Edit: Ah, so you need to edit rightnub *and* go into the game settings and turn off mouse and then configure AIMX and AIMY.  Okay, working now, and nicer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Level Editor usable with Joystick control ? If yes, I can put that default setting.
I couldn't find a way to drive the level editor with a joystick mode right nub adequately. I could only use the touchscreen to move the mouse, but tapping it also worked as a click, so I could only delete blocks I touched.

Actually, on that subject, how are we meant to use the level editor? So far I've only been able to delete blocks, and change the music, sprites and background.

And on /that/ subject, is there any way to revert levels back to the originals? I seem to have accidentally edited the basic Mario level pack and now have holes in pipes and all sorts of stuff.

for custom levels, I think modification are stored in appdata/mari0/home/love/mari0/mappacks but I'm not sure.

Nice release!

Can you change the nubs to joystick mode?

This way you can change the options to "Use mouse: NO" and properly use the nubs (AIMX AIMY), I think it should be way faster to aim.
I haven't tried, but you can. Open the right_nub file inside appdata/mari0 and put "absolute" instead of "mouse". (or use the latest beta of PNDConfig).
Tried and it doesn't work.

Joystick would be much better.

Did you see my post above your last one? I thought at first it didn't work, but it turned out I'd missed a bit of configuration.

It does work a lot better as a joystick, but unfortunately it makes the level editor mode unusable, so you can only do it if you don't want to use that.

hmm latest version is sluggish even on my 1Ghz Pandora.. the first release runs fine...

EDIT: seems a reboot fixed this..

Is it possible to play this game multiplayer with another Pandora (or possibly even computer) using Master Control?

Back