Maxtor Onetouch Iii

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Hi there, I went over to Comp-usa and found an External hard drive. It's a Maxtor OneTouch III USB 2.0 160GB.

I thought I would ask if anyone has had any experiences with it before I open it. Just in case I need to return it. So if anyone has used this with the gp2x:
7900e061-7e04-42bf-852c-9d7a6f312e4f.gif

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in...uct_code=344386

Please tell me about it and if it works with the gp2x or not. Thanks.
And yeah, I know I should of done this before I bought it...

TelcoLou said:
That's (almost) the exact one I have! (mine's a 60GB)

It plays movies just fine, but MAME freezes for me .. haven't tried other emus yet though, but I was told they work:

Here's the topic I made querying just such a thing ...

Yay! Thanks for the reply, Telcolou. I guess its safe to use it then since I'm only gonna be whatching movies and music with it. Maybe a few SegaCD Isos also...

Last edited by a moderator:
(Oh, BTW ... I got my LEGO delivery today, and started building the stand/dock thingy .. stay tuned ;))

TelcoLou said:
(Oh, BTW ... I got my LEGO delivery today, and started building the stand/dock thingy .. stay tuned ;))
Mine still hasn't come yet. :(
I'm gonna be really pissed off if pieces are missing, too...

But yeah, I'd love to see how it turned out. Please post pics when you're finished building. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...Ok, I tried it and...It works on the PC but it wont work on the gp2x. Does anyone know what I can do to make it work?? When I plug it in, the green light turns on indicating it knows something is there. Yet, I look in the explorer and there is nothing in the external section. Please help! :(

Do I have to reformat?? How do I do that and what software do I use?

I tried getting the drivers from the install disk and put them on my SD but it still didn't turn up. Please help!! :(

Telcolou, how did you get your's to work?? Did you use drivers or reformat it or what?? Please Help!!! :(

Make sure it isn't formatted NTFS which is what XP will format anything over 30 gigs with. You'll need to use some sort of fat32 format utility to format it fat32 or if you have a Linux box format it to a Linux format. I used fat32format, just google for it.

I have Win2K Pro and made 2 partitions, then formatted as FAT32.

Argh! I was bout to throw the thing out the window but the program you showed me, cbox, made it read it! Thank you so much. So far movies work and so does Quake. :D Now I just need that lego cradle to arive...

Back