Mega Cd Emulation...

is their a menu now were you can chose a game from a list, rather than have another sega cd emulator for every game like i have...

So far ive tried all the games ive got and the results are:

BC Racers: Graphics are corrupted.
Ecco the Dolphin: Works perfectly by what ive seen so far.
Jurassic Park: Does not load after the "Sega" screen.
Slipheed: Works, but jerks quite badly when loading audio samples. EDIT: Works well with buffer turned up to 8Mb, takes a while to load though...
Sol Fearce: Does not load after the "Sega" screen.
Sonic CD: Works perfect at full speed!
Road Avenger: Gets stuck in a loop displaying the "Sega" screen
Tomcat Alley: Videos are quite jerky, the GP2X just cant read them quickly enough, the buffer just seems to drain down too quickly.

No the biggest selection of games, but its a start at least! Ill post some settings if i manage to get some of them working a bit better.

Yes and enable "Scale/Rot. fx" for BC Racers. Also you have to reset game after enabling "Better Sync", because when it gets stuck it crashes and cannot recover.

Cheers guys,
Ive tried the fix with BC Racers, and it worked a treat.

The other games now all work with the "Better Sync" option turned on. Road Avenger is still very slow (full motion video, the GP2X cant keep up) but Jurassic Park and SolFeace work fine!

Road Avenger is working pertfect to me.No caching.
Maybe is your SD.
I have a 1 GB Kingston normal speed.

Rivroner said:
Road Avenger is working pertfect to me.No caching.
Maybe is your SD.
I have a 1 GB Kingston normal speed.
Could be, its a Reekin 4GB (surposedly High Speed) card that i got from GBAX.com with the GP2X. I'll try it on my 1GB Integral card and see if its any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it on my 1GB Integral card and it ran much faster, i guess the GP2X isnt as efficient reading larger cards? Ill format the card and see if it runs any better.

What type of file structure is needed within the roms/md/scd/ folder to get the emulation to run? Iso + MP3 soundtrack? Anything extra?

Ok, and how are they structured? Just the image and all the mp3 tracks floating around freely, or in their own folder, or what?

nemt said:
Ok, and how are they structured? Just the image and all the mp3 tracks floating around freely, or in their own folder, or what?
image file and mp3s must be in the same folder, but it doesn't really matter where.. I have my Sega CD games in their own individual folders within the megadrive folder.

Be sure to name them correctly like...

Sonic.iso
Sonic_02.mp3
Sonic_03.mp3
Sonic_04.mp3
Sonic_05.mp3

You get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just have a bunch of them in the MD folder, though?

For example:

Sonic.iso
Sonic_02.mp3
Dune.iso
Dune_02.mp3
etc.?

just so people know Ive been using Cue/Bin images of my Mega CD disks and they work fine. Much easier than the ISO+MP3 way.
To make the image I use ultraISO.

Back