Megadrive emulation

Billy Lee

I haven't got a GP32 but am thinking of buying one for Christmas. I used to be a Megadrive (Genesis) owner all those years ago so the main attraction for me would be to play these games on a GP32. How good is Megadrive emulation on the GP32 at the moment and do all the games work for it?

A lot of games work. Emulation is very good but has no sound at the moment. I guess someone must still be developing Megadrive emulators because the initial versions were excellent (albeit without sound).

Go Here for genesis compatibility listing. Bear in mind that fGEn has not been released publicly so you can't get your hands on that (yet).

I've tried a couple of games; rainbow islands, truxton, and they're playable but definately still slow even when overclocked to 156Mhz.

I don't use the genesis emus for this reason

Hope this helps!

....in other words DO NOT buy a GP32 on the basis of Megadrive emulation, you will be dissapointed :(

There's LOADS it does well tho :D

frolik posted on Dec 16 2003 at 05:06 PM said:
....in other words DO NOT buy a GP32 on the basis of Megadrive emulation, you will be dissapointed :(

There's LOADS it does well tho :D
I wouldn't say so... fGen32 is really promising, the beta runs really good, no sound and save support yet, so far in the beta that I own :) But I'm sure that the public release will have this features.
Emulation speed is really impressing and compatibility is good. Rlyeh is doing his best :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back