Questions About Snes, Nes And Megadrive Emulation

cheerup347

Still Fresh
hi,

i am thinking about buying a gp32 from ebay, really jsut for playing snes, nes and megadrive (genesis) emulation.

i want to know, do these run at full speed with none or very little frame skip?,

i am mainly interested in snes and Megadrive. but i want to know if these 3 can run at full speed on all games.

thanks

Nes, MegaDrive, GB, GBC and MSX are full speed, SNES is almost unplayable. The only two problems I faced with Nes is the inability to run most of the roms that contain more than one game in them, and in MD some graphics are screwed in Toy Story's story graphics (am using a little bit older version of Dr. MD, so this might have been already fixed).

Unless you only want MD and Nes, I advice you to get a GP2X, the higher price is worth it, and you will not face the trouble of of looking for expensive SMC cards that have a maximum size of only 128 MB.

sehs33 posted on Mar 6 2007 at 11:44 AM said:
SNES is almost unplayable.

I find SNES is very playable for most games, although it is not quite as good as the other systems mentioned. I mainly play Donkey Kong Country and I think it looks and plays great. Games that had an SFX chip (e.g. Yoshis Island, Super Mario RPG) are either incompatible or are not very playable (I can't remember which - it may depend on the emulator you use).

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about GP32, not GP2X. Therefore SNES is really unplayable.

If you're lucky and it overclocks to 166Mhz, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World are very playable :)

- Alex

Despite being a gp32 question, this was posted in the General [GP2X] boards, so I was thrown off a bit too.

I thought he meant gp2x as well.

If you are going to purchase a GP32, I would recommend the GP32 BLU which is the back lit version. If you are going to spend over $100.00 USD, I would highly recommend the GP2X. I think you would be more satisfied with it. IMHO.

Back