Nes Emulation Question

JogurtYogurt

Still Fresh
I'm very interested in picking one of these F200's up for the emulation factor of older consoles and computer. My biggest concern is NES and SNES emulation. I've heard conflicting reports about the speed and sound accuracy. Are they spot on without any sort of overclocking? If overclocking is required, are all units different in terms of how much you can overclock? Does overclocking cause instability issues? How about SNES? The thing that confuses me is watching the various youtube videos of the emulation with sound speeding up and down or games being slightly off in terms of speed. Most of the videos were of the F100 and are over a year old. How has development come along for the F200? Sorry for the questions.

On a side note, are C64 emulators able to play Creatures?

Jogurt said:
I'm very interested in picking one of these F200's up for the emulation factor of older consoles and computer. My biggest concern is NES and SNES emulation. I've heard conflicting reports about the speed and sound accuracy. Are they spot on without any sort of overclocking? If overclocking is required, are all units different in terms of how much you can overclock? Does overclocking cause instability issues? How about SNES? The thing that confuses me is watching the various youtube videos of the emulation with sound speeding up and down or games being slightly off in terms of speed. Most of the videos were of the F100 and are over a year old. How has development come along for the F200? Sorry for the questions.

On a side note, are C64 emulators able to play Creatures?
NES emulation is rock solid. Everything ive tried runs fine, and at reasonable clocks (180-200 Mhz). The latest emu by Notaz is the best currently I think.

SNES depends a lot on the game, but for the most part many games run fine. Expect to overclock. There are some versions of the EMU geared for certain games like star ocean. Make sure you get the right emu. DrPocketSNES and SquidgeSNES are the most popular.

I have read the F200 gets decent overlclocks, but in general units can reach 230-240 Mhz, my F100 for example can reach 250 Mhz. Extreme cases of units > 300 Mhz, but its rare. Overlocking doesnt hurt the CPU like you think it would in real x86 CPU. Basically if you set to high of an overlclock the machine simply locks up. So you just reset and try a lower freq.
There is no difference between the F200 and F100 in terms of emulation. The only difference really is if a game supports the touchscreen. For example we added touchscreen support in dosbox for mouse emulation. But for these console emulators it deosnt matter.

Dont know specifcally about that game creatures, but C64 emulation isnt bad. Vice and Frodo are the 2 good emulators. Frodo has less compatability but its a little faster than vice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jogurt said:
Thanks. I'm going to definitely pick one up.
dont forget Pandora is around the corner and will have many more posabilities. Although it will cost 2x a much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back