Megaupload And Rapidshare Downloading From Pandora?

cool1987

Still Fresh
I was wondering if we will be able to use these 2 download sites fully to get any bits we need online, as i will be using the pandora as a multi-tool to the best i can.

Those who have been into psp homebrew or just the psp know that these 2 sites have never worked due to the lack of a new java version, my question is; will this be a problem for the Pandora also.

I'm very much looking forward to this since, well.......

All my respect to the developers and engineers on this project, can't wait to get one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Java?

You might be thinking of Javascript.
The Pandora will ship with full Firefox 3.0 with excellent Javascript support, so downloading and uploading by script triggers will be no problem.

But if the website actually uses Java to download files, that is very strange.

For Pandora you should use either the Pandora GIT server or the file archives to download any latest apps.

From what the devs were saying it should be easy to drop files onto the Pandora and the device pick them up (if their apps)

I guess it depends what you want Megaupload/Rapidshare for if its for downloading movies and music - you will be okay as you should be able to connect and download files as per usual

Then save files locally onto SD card and either playback or use somewhere else

So the question is why megaupload/rapidshare in first case (apart from zillions of ripped stuff on the servers) ;)

I think he might actually be referring to Java as in the jDownloader download manager, that has some "interesting" "features" *cough, cough*.
And yes, it will work. Flawlessly.

'zacaj' said:
The iPhone can use them, so Id assume most can
Then it's strictly JavaScript, which will certainly work just fine.

yeah my iphone can download from rapidshare and megaupload. but some upload & download sites are not working.
Just a quick question, if the pandora runs firefox3, does that mean we can also use the newest flash plugin for firefox and play crappy flash games? :p i dont expect runescape though.

'borgqueenx' said:
yeah my iphone can download from rapidshare and megaupload. but some upload & download sites are not working.
Just a quick question, if the pandora runs firefox3, does that mean we can also use the newest flash plugin for firefox and play crappy flash games? :p i dont expect runescape though.
Adobe Flash is made for x86 and x86-64 linux. There is a possibility Adobe will release a version of its Flash for Cortex A8 and linux; if not, maybe the Maemo version could be scavenged.

If all else fails, there's Gnash, which is starting to get some commercial support (check Sugar Labs mailing lists). Right now, not much more than video site, though.

This was posted on the BeagleBoard homepage lately: focus.ti.com/pr/docs/preldetail.tsp?sectionId=594&prelId=sc09045
I didn't read it though, but the title sounds like its related to this topic ;)

That's nice. Skimmed through it, but we'll have to wait until Q1 2010. Maybe someone can get their hands on a pre-release version?

dflemstr said:
I think he might actually be referring to Java as in the jDownloader download manager, that has some "interesting" "features" *cough, cough*.
And yes, it will work. Flawlessly.

but nevertheless it must be ported for the pandora, right? or can i also run the normal linux version?

borgqueenx said:
Just a quick question, if the pandora runs firefox3, does that mean we can also use the newest flash plugin for firefox and play crappy flash games?
<
i dont expect runescape though.
Runescape uses Java and has been talked about before.
from what i remember it is likely to work at lowest graphics settings

ZoxFox said:
but nevertheless it must be ported for the pandora, right? or can i also run the normal linux version?
Java programs don't contain any machine code, they consist of bytecode that is being executed by a virtual machine. This way Java programs work on any platform the Java environment is available for, usually there is no "Linux version" and "Windows version". The only exceptions are programs using wrappers for system-specific libraries, but jDownloader doesn't seem to fall into that category, at least the .jar of the Windows download runs quite good on Linux.
The different downloads basically only differ in the way they are packaged, i.e. an .exe installer for Windows, a .dmg for Mac, and a simple .zip archive for Linux etc.

Back