Memory

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
It seems when I copy things to the caanoo, like my newer game version, it remembers the last version, and plays that one instead.
I´m using the plug unplug technic, I realised already it´s no good, sometimes it works, like a single shot.

But let´s say, for tunning the g-sensor control, I have to copy and paste code a lot.
I must restart the thing so it recognizes my new code.

Strange, is it holding last runned prog in memory?
Is there a way to flush that?
Any opinions about this?

erico said:
It seems when I copy things to the caanoo, like my newer game version, it remembers the last version, and plays that one instead.
I´m using the plug unplug technic, I realised already it´s no good, sometimes it works, like a single shot.

But let´s say, for tunning the g-sensor control, I have to copy and paste code a lot.
I must restart the thing so it recognizes my new code.

Strange, is it holding last runned prog in memory?
Any opinions about this?

Hmmm... Sounds like the OS isn't aware of fs changes when mounted? If you add a file, do you see the new file appear?

Last edited by a moderator:
erico said:

are you using the usb storage? if so you do you use the disconnect (safely remove) device from the host machine? If you are disconnecting the device based on the copy progress bar then you are removing the device before the data has actually been written from the buffer in the host machine OS.

Thanks, I´m using the SDcard, I will do further tests considering what you said, but really strange behavior.

erico said:
Thanks, I´m using the SDcard, I will do further tests considering what you said, but really strange behavior.

Well the same thing applies if your using your sd card on a computer, you have to safely remove the device before unplugging it. Otherwise the buffer holding data to be written will not have a chance to write.

ok, did as recommended but to no good.

So I revised the process, here is what happens:

1-turn on caanoo, it gets in USB mode
2-transfer file, over writing last build
3-click ok to exit USB mode
4-run the program

It runs last version, not the one I copied over.
If I restart caanoo, then the newer file is there.

Odd uh?
I thought I was going crazy.

erico said:

From the caanoo or the host pc? Make sure you are disconnecting from the pc side before pressing x to disconnect from the caanoo side.

Pickle said:
erico said:

From the caanoo or the host pc? Make sure you are disconnecting from the pc side before pressing x to disconnect from the caanoo side.

From both, disconecting first on pc, then pressing X on caanoo didn´t resolve.
It´s not a deal braker, I just would like to skip restarting the console all the time to test things.

erico said:
Pickle said:
erico said:

From both, disconecting first on pc, then pressing X on caanoo didn´t resolve.
It´s not a deal braker, I just would like to skip restarting the console all the time to test things.

Strange the pc shouldnt disconnect until the buffer has been written.
You mention not restarting, how are you getting the usb mode to restart. With mine im able to get into usb mode once after plugging into the usb. Once i disconnect I can run my app, but i never was able to get the usb mode back on again. Only way was to reboot the caanoo.

An alternative would be to do networking on the caanoo and use file sharing like samba

Pickle said:
Once i disconnect I can run my app, but i never was able to get the usb mode back on again. Only way was to reboot the caanoo.
You may take a look at my post in another topic about usb mode.

Back