Mencoder Help

bastiman

Still Fresh
Moin moin guys,
For days I tried to get the right mencoder combination to encode something for my little gp32. But nothing works. It simply doesn't start or my gp reboots. Maybe someone of you has the right commandline to encode something? 15 fps, 320x240, 22kHz etc .. I don't have a clue. And I really don't want to install virtualdub or something on my windows install just to encode somethin', that really sucks.

Please help me guys ^_^

For the resolution, does not it depends on the film you want to encode?! ;)

Prefer Divx 4.12
22.050 khz stereo 40 kbps
18 fps
Max 128 kbps video

bastiman posted on Dec 6 2004 at 08:15 AM said:
Moin moin guys,
For days I tried to get the right mencoder combination to encode something for my little gp32. But nothing works. It simply doesn't start or my gp reboots. Maybe someone of you has the right commandline to encode something? 15 fps, 320x240, 22kHz etc .. I don't have a clue. And I really don't want to install virtualdub or something on my windows install just to encode somethin', that really sucks.

Please help me guys ^_^

mencoder can use the ffmpeg divx 4.12 codec, or the XVID codec, i tryed both, the resulting divx/xvid will not playback on gp32. ( Tryed real a lot settings ). There is no alternative to this special divx 4.12 windows codec.
It is possible to use windows codecs with mencoder, but i did not found out how to encode with windows codecs, only to decode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Codec-Wirrwarr, when I was young there was only AVI and FLI and one file was a petabyte big ...

But thanks guys, I'll try out a bit on my win-box.

Back