Messed Up My Dungeon And Guarder Game.

v33

Still Fresh
Website
www.ndsts.com
Ok, well I seemed to have screwed up. When I got my gp32 I didnt have an SM card other than the one that came with the unit which was a 16mb factory Dungeon and Guarder game.

I got impatient and copied the files off of the D&G card so I could load other games on to my gp32. I have since gotten a proper 128mb card, but when I put the files from D&G back on the D&G card, I get a 'card not inserted or no game on card message'

I think I might not have the directory structure set up the way it originally was, so could someone with the same factory game let me know how the Dungeon and Guarder files are organised on the SM card so I can put them back properly?

Cheers!

S.

I think someone else had this problem.. try searching the boards i guess...

geez.. I've never told anyone that before :ph34r:

Its unlikely it will work anymore as the game is encrypted. It is possible to decrypt it and get it to work, but in all honesty the game isn't really worth it...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

You have to put the game back on the 16MB card that it originaly came on. It wont work if it is on any other card. The structure is GP\GAME\DG.FXE for the .fxe file. And then you put the DG folder in the same directory GP\GAME\DG. In this DG folder should be two folders named DNG and GPUSER plus there is a file called DG.GXC. So it looks like this
GP\
GAME\
DG.FXE
DG\
DG.GXC
DNG
GPUSER

kingmidas81 posted on Feb 24 2005 at 12:18 AM said:
You have to put the game back on the 16MB card that it originaly came on. It wont work if it is on any other card. The structure is GP\GAME\DG.FXE for the .fxe file. And then you put the DG folder in the same directory GP\GAME\DG. In this DG folder should be two folders named DNG and GPUSER plus there is a file called DG.GXC. So it looks like this
GP\
GAME\
DG.FXE
DG\
DG.GXC
DNG
GPUSER

Thanks for the info (and to everyone else). I will give this a shot when I get home. I have the orginial card, but have written some files to it and have taken them off, so hopefully this will still work.

The only reason I am so concerned is that I sold my old FLU and said this game was included and I don't wanna screw the buyer over. I agree, the game stinks. =]

Thanks again.

S.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You know, that's not cool. Somebody, possibly several people, worked very hard on that game, and wouldn't appreciate the negativity"

^ rough approximation of the lambasting I once got for saying the new Windups sucked.

craigix posted on Feb 24 2005 at 01:11 AM said:
Its unlikely it will work anymore as the game is encrypted. It is possible to decrypt it and get it to work, but in all honesty the game isn't really worth it...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Huh? Why shouldn't it?
It's encrypted to the SMC ID, as long as he doesn't change it (and AFAIK it's not possible to do that), it will run once he copies it back.

No SMC inserted sounds like the SMC FAT is somehow corrupt - you should try SMC Recovery.

But craigix is right - the game's not worth it!

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Feb 26 2005 at 08:39 AM said:
craigix posted on Feb 24 2005 at 01:11 AM said:

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Huh? Why shouldn't it?
It's encrypted to the SMC ID, as long as he doesn't change it (and AFAIK it's not possible to do that), it will run once he copies it back.

No SMC inserted sounds like the SMC FAT is somehow corrupt - you should try SMC Recovery.

But craigix is right - the game's not worth it!

Well, someone is selling it on ebay as the best game ever! And all gp32 owners should have it.

It kept me amused fir a little while. But that's probably just me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back