Metal Slug Full Speed

i_am_a_noob posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
Just admit it, it's A LOT BETTER!

Alright. But msx is still not perfect and that's the one I kick ass at :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheraf posted on Aug 21 2006 at 03:25 PM said:
On my computer, the game works perfectly fine. The framerate dosen't move at all. It's constant.
I can be fighting 10 flyin saucer and dodging 50 shots, if I die I can only blame myself.

And SOME arcade were slow. Not all of them.

Glad you sorted out your problem, but I hate to tell you that even your old PC is flattering the 15+ year old Neo Geo hardware. The GP2X with its slight slowdown is actually a more realistic version of the original arcade experience IMO.

And if you love Metal Slug so much, why not buy a Neo Geo?

Is the MMU hack version not the current official release on the archive? Hmm might have to update a few links if it isn't? Or did Sheraf just accidently end up with an old version somehow?

Don't want people getting the slower version by accident!

Apparently I had the older version too.. just tried the MMU hack version (without redumping gfx) and it worked great for kof97 and samsho4. The speed increase was very noticeable for me.

I've had no problems with it either. Should be better known imo. Seems a lot of people are not using it and it is seriously faster.

The MAME emulator plays Metal Slug 1 and 2 at full speed.

I can't get GnGeo2x to run fast enough, my GP2x can only go up to 250Mhz maximum, which is not fast enough for GnGeo2x; the only NeoGeo game I would like to play in MAME which I can't currently play (apart from the other Metal Slug games) is Pop 'N' Bounce anyway - so I will stay with MAME.

bacteria posted on Aug 21 2006 at 07:47 PM said:
The MAME emulator plays Metal Slug 1 and 2 at full speed.

I can't get GnGeo2x to run fast enough, my GP2x can only go up to 250Mhz maximum, which is not fast enough for GnGeo2x; the only NeoGeo game I would like to play in MAME which I can't currently play (apart from the other Metal Slug games) is Pop 'N' Bounce anyway - so I will stay with MAME.

I play metal slug 2 with no sound 200mhz full speed! Have you used the MMU hack?

Back