Release Meteoroid3D

Ziz

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

the last weeks I didn't have much time for programming, especially not for Hase. But I started a little project, I did want to do a long time:

Meteoroid3D

The first real 3D game for your Pandora!

Throught your Nintendo DS to the corner, now comes the hard stuff.

All kids in the train, bus or at your work will be jealous of you playing this awesome game wearing fashionable 3D glasses (Luna Lovegood approved!).

First of all a video:

http://youtu.be/FMcDOMUFwgA

As you can see, this is a high end stereoscopy graphics asteroids like shooter.

Feature list:

• Stereoscopic graphic with settings for red-green, red-cyan, red-blue or yellow-blue glasses. Of course you can play without 3d glasses, too, but then you will not enjoy the incredible DEPTH of the game! (Furthermore it is really easier to hit the meteoroids with 3D glasses...)
  • 3 different kinds of meteoroids. There are not only different in size, they are also different in points you get and in the number of sub meteoroids they will split!
  • Endless world - if you reach the end, another identic world will appear!
  • Awesome public domain music from Kevin MacLeod
  • Incredible realistic laser animation and sounds!
  • High end particle effects!
  • Total unconfusing 3D map!
  • Of course C4A support from the very beginning
  • And even the source code of the game itself, because this is fucking hardcore free software! https://github.com/theZiz/meteoroid3d
Download it from the repo:http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=meteoroid3d

Enjoy!

Ziz

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool idea. :D
I have (self built) red-blue 3D glasses, they work decent for such a stereo displaying method, already tested in Minecraft which has such an mode built in. Would be fun to actualy use it for an 3D game onto the Pandora.
Only disadvantage is, after some minutes, my eyes are seeing in red/blue colour tones even without the glasses. :ph34r:

There also is another game you can play in 3D: Hyperogue

But but but...
At least I can hope, that CCF likes it more than HyperRogue. ;)

Aaaand the VirtualBoy emulator supports that as well :D

But that's no game :D

Nice, looks cool :D

Aaaand the VirtualBoy emulator supports that as well :D
Really? I thought about adding such a feature to a Drastic Release for the Pyra.You could even calculate one eye per core. ;)

Awesome! I remember typing in a listing for '3d asteroids' back in the day, from a magazine. It didn't add a third dimension, it was still just a 2D board which spanned the view left to right, and used wireframe graphics such that you couldn't tell a distant small rock from a close big one. This looks much more like what I was imagining back then :)

Awesome! I remember typing in a listing for '3d asteroids' back in the day, from a magazine. It didn't add a third dimension, it was still just a 2D board which spanned the view left to right, and used wireframe graphics such that you couldn't tell a distant small rock from a close big one. This looks much more like what I was imagining back then :)
If you want to tell the difference between between a big far away and a close small rock, you will need 3d glasses! :D
Did anyone yet test it with glasses?

:D

I fixed a little bug. With low FPS it could happen, that you didn't hit a small meteoroid, because the "physics step" was too big.

But but but...

At least I can hope, that CCF likes it more than HyperRogue. ;)
anton_critic.jpg

New version with

• Pause screen
  • Possibility to switch up and down for the controls
Enjoy!

I haven't played this yet, but it looks pretty cool!

One thing I noticed from the video though, is that it looks like it could do with a bit of 'inertia' when moving. The ship seems to turn and elevate very precisely? Also, I feel the need for some sort of "power up" to provide a less accurate laser - more of a blast weapon?!

One other thing (sorry) - could you provide an option for Elite style controls - ie rolling/banking + elevation instead of turning left and right?

I haven't played this yet, but it looks pretty cool!

One thing I noticed from the video though, is that it looks like it could do with a bit of 'inertia' when moving. The ship seems to turn and elevate very precisely?
Yes, the controls are not very physical correct.
Also, I feel the need for some sort of "power up" to provide a less accurate laser - more of a blast weapon?!
Believe me, if you use 3d glasses and practice a bit, you will hit lots of meteoroids. :)
One other thing (sorry) - could you provide an option for Elite style controls - ie rolling/banking + elevation instead of turning left and right?
You didn't even test the game, but critisize the controls? o_O Believe me, the controls are fine and not so hard to handle. I thought about rolling, but as you can see, the ship doesn't have engines to roll. You will see, that the engines are more or less useful activated while steering. ;)

"Anyone can code"®        
 Sadly, even good code does not look as tasty as the food in the movie.  :ph34r:
Wrong comparison. The code is not the result! The code is the cooking or if you like the receipt.
The food is the result. For code the result is an application or games.

So to stay with the metapher, I like cooking and my friends like my food.

pTitseb has a fucking restaurant with dozens of different meals.

Notaz makes bread, fish and wine out of air and water. :p

Back