Microcontent Server?

directive0

Very Active Member
Does anyone have any advice as to where I should look for a capable microcontent server like tiddlywiki or the like? Is there something on the PND repo that would suit my needs?

I don't have high performance demands, I'd just like to be able to use a browser to edit a small wiki on the pandora for note keeping and general info management.

Any advice appreciated.

Hmm... if you want it "like" tiddlywiki, there is always WoaS but as it is javascript, on top of firefox, like Tiddlywiki, its too heavy on the resources on OpenPandora for my liking. (but work(s/ed)). I need to backport my extensions to it... maybe during hollidays... and try it with palemoon.

I've used Znotes for a while, it was not bad. I used Zim but could not live with its shortcomings (no easy copy/paste to other apps). Freemind is overkill.(plus the screensize make it hard)

Globonote was ok-ish. Then, there is Treesheets which is pretty good, but requires you to think in a special way... still, it is pretty good.

There are also PIM's that have overlapping note taking, like osmo, and uh... some more. Although different, I also recommend Portabase.

I finally settled for textfiles I edit with leafpad. And search them with pygrep

Last edited by a moderator:
Back