MIDI in combination with hardware synthesizers

Wootson

While browsing through the Pandora file archives I found some really nice tools with MIDI capabilities, like Seq24 for example. However, it is completely unclear to me whether these tools have out-of-the-box compatibility with external synthesizers like my Korg ER-1 and Korg TR61 for example. I'm thinking that everything I need would be a USB-to-MIDI cable, but I'm not very sure about that. If so, could you also connect a USB hub to the Pandora and connect several USB-to-MIDI cables to generate sounds on several external synthesizers?

I'm very curious about this because I would like to actually make use of this, especially with the Korg ER-1 to make MIDI datadumps from all the rhythms I create. Also for having an extra visual interface. Pumping some old school melodies through this hardware would also be very cool.

Both my synthesizers have MIDI input and output connections. The Korg TR61 also has a USB connection (which probably needs some drivers and they only exist for Windows and Mac).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you absolutely can connect USB-MIDI cables to your Pandora and use it with external gear. Also, you can connect "fake MIDI" devices, like the Akai LPC-25/LPK controllers, which have just a USB connection, to the Pandora - which will see them as external MIDI devices, also.

While browsing through the Pandora file archives I found some really nice tools with MIDI capabilities, like Seq24 for example. However, it is completely unclear to me whether these tools have out-of-the-box compatibility with external synthesizers like my Korg ER-1 and Korg TR61 for example. I'm thinking that everything I need would be a USB-to-MIDI cable, but I'm not very sure about that. If so, could you also connect a USB hub to the Pandora and connect several USB-to-MIDI cables to generate sounds on several external synthesizers?

I'm very curious about this because I would like to actually make use of this, especially with the Korg ER-1 to make MIDI datadumps from all the rhythms I create. Also for having an extra visual interface. Pumping some old school melodies through this hardware would also be very cool.

Both my synthesizers have MIDI input and output connections. The Korg TR61 also has a USB connection (which probably needs some drivers and they only exist for Windows and Mac).

Hi Wootson, in the past i´ve done a couple of MIDI stuff with the Pandora.

Here Two examples:

MIDI Sync test with a Roland MC-505

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qUdMhSQoVNA?feature=oembed

If you wanna control more than one external Synths/Groveboxes you can make a MIDI-chain and configure ever synth to another MIDI-channel range

or you take really two or More USB-MIDI interfaces via a USB-Hub (or a USB- MIDI interface with more then one Output)

Gtx.,

andY

Back