midi installer sets & streaming tv question

pubzombie

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to FW beta 4 and as recommended grabbed java.pnd and codec pack and midi installer.

What pack should should select when installing midi installer? The smallest for the nand's sake?? To be honest I am not entirely sure what this app does.

I have told Firefox to save profile data to appsdata on my SD card. Have I done all I need to stream my fave shows off say couchtuner.tv??

Thank you for dealing with all my newb questions.

S

The MIDI installer simply installs a set of patterns (aka sounds) to the location of your choice (NAND or SD card). It also installs a timidity.cfg deep down in the filesystem somewhere. It's not actually a program, just a bit of data. When a game needs to use MIDI music, it will look for timidity.cfg. which will tell it where the patterns are. Then the game uses those sounds to make the music.

Which pattern set should you use? The biggest one you're willing to install. Personally I installed the largest set to NAND. It's a significant use of space, but the sound quality is worth it.

This page might be helpful too: http://pandorawiki.org/MIDI

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to use the largest MIDI set on my fasted SD card..I've noticed no speed issue with it.

Streaming TV.. hmm I know minitube does a semi-decent job of youtube videos.. not entirely sure how that site works.. if it's flash it may be a bit slow.. but if it lets you download it to the device they're may be hope it runs smooth.

Couchtuner.tv seems to offer flash streaming, which might be slow as hell. better download the videos and watch them afterwards. Seem quite illegal, too ;)

Back