GP2X Mikit Player Sources Released

Manwe

Still Fresh
MikIT sources released. MikIT is the best player for IT (Impulse Tracker) file format. Project page.

Could someone port it to GP2X? Because there are no any player on GP2X which can play IT-files correctly.

Manwe said:
MikIT sources released. MikIT is the best player for IT (Impulse Tracker) file format. Project page.

Could someone port it to GP2X? Because there are no any player on GP2X which can play IT-files correctly.

I tried to compile. Had these issues:

1. for some of th friend defintions mingw wanted some of these to have the class keyword.
2. these contains asm, which i think must be x86. They dont compile right for mingw for windows
3. on the gp2x linux side conio.h isnt in the devkit.

I think the big though is the asm, its for sure not ARM, so unless someone converts it this will never be ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes down to asm, it's really just this line as far as i can see
CODE

asm("flds %1
fistpl %0" : "=ms"(c) : "mf"(*srce));

While i know no assembler, i could fix this, since the function using it is just
void FloatTo8Copy(real *srce,SBYTE *dest,ULONG count)
and it's really just used in fasttracker part of mikit.

I could have added in a few minutes to oldplay, if it's written in a way that lets me easily access the buffer stream

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can... there's loads of docs with the source that explains everything; at least it was way more in-depth than I needed. :)
Probably best you look there for info.

Back