Milkytracker On The F200?

i hope its ok to post a couple of bits from a thread at the milkytracker forums.

-
"If you touch anywhere on the pattern it brings a menu (mute chan etc) up rather than moving the cursor to that point. The mouse arrow move close to where you touch. If you touch one of the buttons on the lower half or on other screens the gui works and depresses the button but it doesnt have any effect. When you push the a button there is also no effect .. if you use the joypad again the arrow moves from where it was before you used the touch screen and a only works when you get back to the button in that way.
I think that covers it."

-
"If it brings up a context menu it basically means the tap is recognized as right mouse button click instead of a left click. You need to understand that it is the underlying SDL implementation which needs to support the stylus tap and report it as a mouse button click. SDL is a system library that comes shipped with your GP2X. MilkyTracker relies on that library, so you should ask around if SDL on the GP2X correctly supports the stylus as an input device, if there are known problems and maybe have a look if games using the SDL have same similiar problems."

Is there any way to change this? And is the above the same for you xcen?

answer for iRC: yeah you need a cleint, mIRC is easy to use under windows

for SDL: I don't think the stylus was ever implemented. The fact that it works right now is like a "coincidence" so whoever did the port, or anyone having access to the port's source would need to modify the program and release a new version.

I tried renoise, it's pretty neat... but right now I'm buying gameboys to play with nanoloop and LSDJ =s

ill give mirc a whirl... ta xcen.

Im just lost on the sdl stuff now. This has the feel of being quite simple but since it seems to only be me who wants it working like it is on windows mobile devices anyway i suppose id better learn some stuff or give up.

I keep thinking of biting the bullet and buying a flashing device etc to get lsdj running. Will prob focus on the piggy for a while though. Im making some pleasing stuff on there.

£55 for the flashing hardware and a cart seems a bit costly really. Im sorely tempted though as im told that lsdj no longer crashes an old grey gb the moment you use 3 tables or go over 160bpm.

That and they really give a huge lump of batt life.

Oh god i know when im browsing something this much im going to buy it :(

Have heard a bit more from the folks at milkytracker. I cant work out how to use these sdl files so ive pasted in a couple of posts to see if anyone whos a bit more savvy on this stuff finds it useful.

"Ok, so it seems that the SDL library that's supplied with the F200 is broken (as regards to touchscreen support). I spoke to some guys in #gp2xdev and they suggested that you try the Open2X SDL instead.

Let us know if it works

Update: You need to install Paeryn's SDL, which is probably the same as is included in the Open2X package."

"A linux shared library is basically what a DLL is on windows. There's nothing more to know about it, replacing the SDL library with a modified one is a matter of a few minutes.

http://paeryn.myby.co.uk/

The website even says:

Updated with basic support for the F-200's touchscreen. Currently it appears as a mouse as long as no USB mouse is present. All mouse movement events appear with the left mouse button down.

I'm pretty sure this will solve all your problems.

If you don't know how to install it:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Paeryn's_SDL
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=23819"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back