Million Dollar Bet

rahulgarg

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i am just wondering why "3000" was chosen as the batch size. i can only think of 3000*330= $1m (approx).
Coincidence? Craigix planning on running away with $1m :p?
No offence meant .. just a random question.

edit : Maybe move this to off-topic :( ?

probably the minimum cost effective quantity, needs to be done in bulk and i'm guessing 3000 was the most convenient

3000 is a recurring number that the gp32 and gp2x was able to surpass if Im not mistaken, this definitely is'nt the first time I heard that exact number pop up over the years in regards to units sold.

rahulgarg said:
i am just wondering why "3000" was chosen as the batch size. i can only think of 3000*330= $1m (approx).
Coincidence? Craigix planning on running away with $1m :p?
No offence meant .. just a random question.

edit : Maybe move this to off-topic :( ?
I doubt it... 3000*200(it's UK based!) = 600000GBP (sorry my keyboard is spanish and I cba going to character map) so there's nothing too significant, other than it's a nice round number... and that figure is just the return, not the profit... so hardly running away with $1m ...

Last edited by a moderator:
rahulgarg said:
i can only think of 3000*330= $1m (approx).
Craigix planning on running away with $1m :p?
LOL
But, 3000*330=only $990000, not $1m. That's why idea with "$20 to development fund" was born :))))))))))))

I think it's cause Craig was afraid of what might happen if they produced OVER 9000 in the first batch.

:lol:

Vorporeal said:
I think it's cause Craig was afraid of what might happen if they produced OVER 9000 in the first batch.

WHAT 9000?!
that would be 2.5 millon, the same price as a small jet.

Vorporeal said:

Over 9000 never gets old does it :) ?

I was just about to make an "OVER 9000!" joke... :(

In all seriousness, if something like 9001 were produced, you would have all of 4chan on your side. ;)

palmertech said:
I was just about to make an "OVER 9000!" joke... :(

In all seriousness, if something like 9001 were produced, you would have all of 4chan on your side. ;)
And that would be a good thing :blink:

Well... They are a cancer upon the the Net as a whole, but considering the ability 4chan has to make huge, viral deals out of anything, it might be funny.

Besides, the more buyers, the merrier! :D

wonder what is the preorder count now? If the count is more than 3000 would craigix consider getting more made?

Back