minitube

Richard871

Still Fresh
Just curious if any one has been able to use minitube, everytime I try to load a youtube video is says fatal error.

Thanks for help.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Evertime I try and load a video, minitube tells me I need to have

a codec installed --- moeg 4aac. What´s up with that?

Evertime I try and load a video, minitube tells me I need to have

a codec installed --- moeg 4aac. What´s up with that?
Some codecs are proprietary, and thus cannot be distributed with the OS. They are still free, though. I'll add the link in a sec... here!

You need the Community Codec Pack. Vad already linked to it. If you didn't have to install the pack, you'd have to pay a licensing fee for each codec, which would be built into the cost of the unit. Think $500 is expensive?

You need the Community Codec Pack. Vad already linked to it. If you didn't have to install the pack, you'd have to pay a licensing fee for each codec, which would be built into the cost of the unit. Think $500 is expensive?

You know, I do have the PND, I just forgot about it. Stupid me. Thanks for reminding me....

I tried using Minitube today. It came up as always and dsiplayed the videos. I kept choosing certain ones, but nothing played.

I was on the Minitube website and others were complaining also. Seems something changed in Youtube. There is a newer version

out, 1.5, and I guess this version works. Are we going to get this upgrade soon I hope?

Youtube changed their interface again. I had to download a new youtube application for my phone as well. Gonna need the upgraded minitube, too.

I use minitube it's excellent program with no problems.

First of all install community codec pack then you need to have latest flasplugin installed,best way to do that have web browser like midori installed then in appdata they should be midori folder in there is plugin folder install it in there and rename your plugin,once that's done then minitube will play videos without any problems plus i downloaded more than 20 videos from minitube program and then i played downloded videos they worked like a charm.

most time i do that with youtube they won't even download,but with minitube it's always success.

First of all install community codec pack then you need to have latest flasplugin installed,best way to do that have web browser like midori installed then in appdata they should be midori folder in there is plugin folder install it in there and rename your plugin,once that's done then minitube will play videos without any problems plus i downloaded more than 20 videos from minitube program and then i played downloded videos they worked like a charm.

most time i do that with youtube they won't even download,but with minitube it's always success.
erm what are you on about?

minitube does not require the flash plugin to work, where did you learn that?

Minitube 1.4.3 was compiled by me. I hadn't realised it had stopped working. Minitube 1.5 came out August 5th - I'll try to compile the new version tomorrow and update the repo.

erm what are you on about?

minitube does not require the flash plugin to work, where did you learn that?
Yes you right about that but i had that same problem not work in which i just installed community codec pack,it didn't work.

when i installed a plugin,it start to work and well it might be not right,well it worked.

Some things you have experiment yourself to make it work and sometimes you can't understand programs but trying out different things out to make things happen.

After having some problems, at the moment Minitube runs better after updating to 1.5 and reinstalling the codec-pack, but I am still missing the feature to view and download 480p-movies.

Is MiniTube hardware-acclerated? What player does it use for playback? It would be nice if panplayers' mplayer could be implemented as that plays 480p videos nicely.

After having some problems, at the moment Minitube runs better after updating to 1.5 and reinstalling the codec-pack, but I am still missing the feature to view and download 480p-movies.

Is MiniTube hardware-acclerated? What player does it use for playback? It would be nice if panplayers' mplayer could be implemented as that plays 480p videos nicely.
that would requiere some heavy pacthing in the QT sources

The minitube 1.5 version is better and works perfect but problem is it buffer alots at start of the video after 30secs or more it plays videos fast and other issue is when playing videos in full screen is fine then go back to normal screen it doesn't show the video instead broken text,that issue was in the previous version still there is no progession there other than that it's perfect.

Back