Release Mirror Magic

Blue Ion

Mirror Magic from Artsoft Entertainment

This is a simple game where you have to guide a laser with the help of mirrors to destroy spheres (or cauldrons depending what game are you playing) while avoiding traps that overheat the laser, deflect the laser randomly and so on.
Think of Mindbender for the Amiga or Deflektor for the Commodore 64.
The game has a level creator.

The game is played with the touchscreen where with a tap you rotate the mirrors clockwise.
To rotate them counter clockwise, you have to press a shoulder buttons. This comes handy to avoid going through all the orientations as they are many.

playing2.gif

(hopefully we won't create that much traffic to bring down Holger's page.)

Final notes:
Oh, And yay, my first ported game :D I'm going to try to contribute with my little sand pebbles to try to feel "useful" with the community and give something back.
Most of this post comes from here since I first wanted to get it right before I get something free in the wild.

Downloads:
PND from Mediafire, Openhandhelds.
The openhandhelds link might be outdated, and might not start due to some messed up permissions.
Source from Mediafire.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks fun, nice to have another game that makes good use of the touchscreen. Congrats on your first port! Its much appreciated!

Blue Ion said:
Mirror Magic from Artsoft Entertainment

This is a simple game where you have to guide a laser with the help of mirrors to destroy spheres (or cauldrons depending what game are you playing) while avoiding traps that overheat the laser, deflect the laser randomly and so on.
Think of Mindbender for the Amiga or Deflektor for the Commodore 64.
The game has a level creator.

The game is played with the touchscreen where with a tap you rotate the mirrors clockwise.
To rotate them counter clockwise, you have to press a shoulder buttons. This comes handy to avoid going through all the orientations as they are many.

playing2.gif

(hopefully we won't create that much traffic to bring down Holger's page.)

Final notes:
Oh, And yay, my first ported game :D I'm going to try to contribute with my little sand pebbles to try to feel "useful" with the community and give something back.
Most of this post comes from here since I first wanted to get it right before I get something free in the wild.

Downloads:
PND from Openhandhelds, Mediafire (should you want it).
Source from Mediafire.

Edit: removed the fancy formatting as it doesn't sit well with the front page.

Hey...I wanted to ask a question...are there plans to port this into the Wiz?

foody said:
Hey...I wanted to ask a question...are there plans to port this into the Wiz?

Well, I can do a similar hack as I'm doing with rocksndiamonds to stretch the screen AND the input, since the framework is identical.
The problem is that, aside that I don't have a Wiz, cross-compilers seems to hate me. The three times I tried to use one (once with a PocketPc, an other with the Wii and finally with the Pandora) none of them would spout proper binaries, and even when they did I could never manage to get external libraries to work (in this case sdl).
I'm getting these games working by compiling on the pandora itself. Sure is a bit more uncomfortable or quite slower, but hey, anything to avoid crosscompilers.

I can give it a try but don't expect anything. On the other hand, if you want to set up the compiler yourself and I just pass you the modified sources, by all means be my guest ;) .

It won't run for me. The SD LED flashes when I click it but it never starts.

Blue Ion said:
Jdbye said:
It won't run for me. The SD LED flashes when I click it but it never starts.
What does the /tmp/pndrunmirrormagic.out sys?
pnd_run.sh: line 37: ./run.sh: Permission denied
Looks like you forgot to chmod +x run.sh :)

Jdbye said:
How it was working for me, I don't know. I must have uploaded an old version or something

Here is a mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ryx65mjbmumj9e7 in case openhandhelds link didn't update yet.

Blue Ion said:
Jdbye said:
How it was working for me, I don't know. I must have uploaded an old version or something

Here is a mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ryx65mjbmumj9e7 in case openhandhelds link didn't update yet.
I'm not sure exactly how linux permissions work, but maybe the +x permission is only set for your user, so when it's used on a different Pandora the script doesn't have the execute permission since it's running under a different user. If that's the case then all that's needed is a chmod ugo+rwx

EDIT: Nevermind, Mediafire link worked :)
Now I just need to find out how to play this game...

Back