Mmm, A Request For Developers

Riley2MR2

Still Fresh
Hi all!

A very happy Caanoo user here. Got Final Fantasy 7 working on it last night..I nearly cried hahah. Brilliant fun ;)

Between all the platforms released with an emulator, Amiga is my favourite (and always will be!! Amiga4Ever!)

So I downloaded the uae4all emulator and was over the moon with the games I used to play running very well, most perfect (Bills Tomato Game anyone..? Classic! Although Turrican 3 won't boot...still need to play with it)

Anyway! I noticed the save-state feature does not work. With the PSX (Rearmed v12) it works beautifully; jumps straight back to the action. Same for a snes emu I'm using.

Firstly, is there a way around this? To somehow save with uae4all.

If not, my request is simple; would anyone be up for coding this into it? I read in a previous thread the guy who was working on it will no longer do any further work.

I would even paypal over a reasonable amount (50 - 100 euros?) depending on how hard it actually is. I'm completely naive so if someone could let me know how hard the task is, that'd be great.

Awaiting all and any reply B)

Can't answer the save state thing but with regards to Turrican 3 you need to turn off all but 1 drive use kick 1.3 and have 1mb memory. With everything else at the default settings the game should work.

That is assuming we have the same version and your not using one with a cracktro where the cracktro is causing the problem.

foleyjo said:
Can't answer the save state thing but with regards to Turrican 3 you need to turn off all but 1 drive use kick 1.3 and have 1mb memory. With everything else at the default settings the game should work.

That is assuming we have the same version and your not using one with a cracktro where the cracktro is causing the problem.

Excellent, I'll try this out tonight. Thank you :)

EDIT: And do you see what I mean with the Save States though? I take the train to work each day (45 min journey) so this is the time I get stuck into some Caanoo. I'd love to just load a state and jump straight back into Turrican 3 where I was before...not start all over again.

Let's hope a dev out there takes the challenge! I'd be eternally grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this emulator really would benefit from a save state. It's not just to help continue from where you left off but to get passed the long load times.

Maybe this helps to get passed the first level in Turrican 3

Enter one of the following codes during game play to activate the corresponding cheat function.

Effect - Code
Unlimited super bombs - destruct
Unlimited energy - eternity
Level skip - beammeup
Unlimited rolling energy - rolling

Save states were planned, but Reesy lost interest in any further development of the emulator. So you might write a pm to him and ask how far his coding in that direction was.

The original source code has save state functionality in it but when its enabled the code fails to compile, I could not be asked to work out why. If someone else wants a go just enable the SAVESTATE define I believe to add the functionality back in, you'll also need to add some functions to the menu etc. Have fun.

Not that I will be doing it as I don't even know how to get Hello World on my caanoo, but where is the original source?

Reesy said:
The original source code has save state functionality in it but when its enabled the code fails to compile, I could not be asked to work out why. If someone else wants a go just enable the SAVESTATE define I believe to add the functionality back in, you'll also need to add some functions to the menu etc. Have fun.

Hi Reesy,

Would you say it's a quick fix?

If so, would you be more interested if we were to work out a deal of some kind? I could paypal some money over for your amazing efforts. Cmon dude...this emulator is rocking..it just needs a little more work for it to be epic!!

Please don't take offense (some people might) that I'm willing to pay for a fix to the savestate function - I'm just that THAT much in love with the Amiga!!! The best times of my childhood were on that beautiful machine and I can't believe it's now on a handheld. :lol:

EDIT: Also, out of interest Reesy, What are you coding these days, if anything..? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how much work is involved in fixing it, as soon as I saw the compiler errors I just gave up.

Source code is below
http://reesy.gp32x.de/caanoo/uae4all-wiz-0.8.1-src.zip

I may play around with it again at some point, I was going to compare this source code with the original UAE source code to see where changes have been made and maybe get an idea on how to fix the save states but I do not get much time at the moment. Hopefully someone else will have a go :)

Back