Mmmm, portable civilization :)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Installed a half dozen games last night and had great success; Civilization (from SuperGAU collection) works perfectly, though when it asks for disk A you put in Gau B, and when it wants B, you put in C, etc. But she runs pretty good! Definately a candidate for save-state.. swapping 3 floppies to get into a game is a drag :p

Wings of Death (a classics vertical shooter) works really well, too. Pretty good game, though I'd still say Xenon 2 was better.

Sometime Ineed to add directory support.. with some of these 4+ disk games, I think I'd like to keep the disks together :/

SideWinder and SideWinder 2 (more vertical shooters) work very well :)

Played a bunch of other games but can;'t think of them off the top of my head. Compatability seems pretty good (for me anyway :)

jeff

I tried running Civ with an earlier version of Castaway/GP and the disk images I tried came from a different release group.No luck then, but now I'm Mr Happy with this news :)

Hope you do find time at some point to add a save state feature.

Thanks again skeezix

wait a tic.

www.freeciv.org

Why the hell didnt I think of this before? This is a perfect game to port! It's very portable!

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on May 14 2003 said:
wait a tic.

www.freeciv.org

Why the hell didnt I think of this before? This is a perfect game to port! It's very portable!
how would you tackle all that GUI?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeezix,

just tried these disks, there perfect, can finally play it :D :D

one thing tho... this game perfectly shows how much we need insta keyboard/mouse support like i discussed in a previous post.... you thought about this more? would really really help here

I have been playing Civ for a few releases now, the version I have is 4 disks (From the ST Pirate Gold collection I believe).

Back