Mobile Phone App For Wiz (using Edge Wireless Modem)?

fakedog

Still Fresh
Would it be possible to develop an application for the Wiz that will allow it communicate (via 3g or text) over gsm phone network, using EDGE wireless modem connected by usb?

Well, once the USB adapter is released, then there needs to be a driver crafted for that specific EDGE modem. Then, after that there needs to be a web browser created. That is a lot of work and Im pretty sure there are a ton of different USB modems out there that would need its own driver.

Ok, let's assume there's one particular modem, would it be possible to write a program for the Wiz whereby it can communicate over a GSM network so that users can make downloads?

I'm looking at the possibility of game distribution without the need for a pc or wifi. This solution might be the best for some markets where internet connection is an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
You wouldn't need to make distribution specifically for a wireless modem. If it works over wifi, it'll work with a modem.

You guys know of anyone who can develop this app? I'd like very much to send a diagram of what I was thinking, I don't know how to post images from my computer on the forum.

'Fakedog' said:
You guys know of anyone who can develop this app? I'd like very much to send a diagram of what I was thinking, I don't know how to post images from my computer on the forum.
www.imageshack.us

Wow! Thank GOD we're back... missed U guys.

I finally go the image online so here's what I had in mind: (pls note that this was done before I know that what I needed was a gprs or edge modem.

The diagram I have attached is explained as follows:
1. GSM transceiver is attached to the Wiz (through Wiz connector or USB)
and user makes requisision for game by 3g or text based facility.
2. GSM mobile telephone network recieves request and sends it to game
server.
3. Game title (Pac-Wiz [example])is selected and paid for using phone
credits on GSM network.
4. Game title is sent back through GSM mobile telephone network to Wiz.
5. Game is downloaded to Wiz and user enjoys it.

Proposed_GSM_based_game_distributio.jpg
[/img]

i don't believe in a SMS distribution game (via gsm module) for wiz.
big work (gsm stack, driver ... ) for not much user.
if you plan to sell your game, you should see funGP project (GHP apple store like).

Back