Moderating

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
I just read some off-topic discussion and it appears that many members have, in the absence of anything useful or constructive to say, appear to be causing grief to some of the Moderators on the forum as well as many long standing members, and it appears that this is getting to a point where the forum is being turned by many into a forum for abuse and childish behaviour rather than a GP2x forum. There is a difference between poking fun and being abusive. All that happens is that many of the quality members go and all that is left are the people who are causing the grief. I left the scene myself for a month or so for this reason a few months back, but decided to return as I had things to contribute to the scene and wanted the GP2x to continue going from strength to strength. I believe a Moderator has just left the scene because of members abusive comments - bad news.

I believe the Moderators have to be tough and deliver 7 day bans anytime and every time someone posts anything designed to inflame or cause alarm or distress to anyone, and after 3 times of such behaviour to be banned permanently. People posting intentionally stupid posts should be banned for 2 days every time, and if they continue to do so, up to the 7 day at a time bans option.

If the Moderators need more recruits, perhaps they could post details of exactly what is required of an applicant, people who are interested can then apply for the post, and state why they feel they are suitable. There is no harm having a dozen or so Moderators, working for free; tough where needed (even if they become unpopular in the process, being a good Moderator may mean that after all). If they are accepted for the role, they are free to do whatever they deem fit, but are themselves accountable to the main Moderators who can demote them if required - a hierarchy.

Back