Moderator Policies/abuse and things... Split from (The 'perfect' song?) thread

Split this mess into it's own thread on request....

Last edited by a moderator:
If most of the mods didn't agree with the music thread being deleted...then why was it deleted then? Didn't someone make a poll (delete or not) in the private mod forums?

If most of the mods didn't agree with the music thread being deleted...then why was it deleted then? Didn't someone make a poll (delete or not) in the private mod forums?

No one of the moderators just did it, not typically the way it should've been done...

Well, moderators are people, too. I would argue that limiting moderators' rights over such things would be dehumanizing in a way, and that it would be ignorant of what actually counts in such a situation, which is to allow and encourage people to be what in German is called eigenverantwortlich.

Sure - but I like to encourage eigenverantwortlichkeit for users instead. You only need moderators in some cases. I like discussion on a forum / thread with limited scrutinizing. Why should every discussion be on-topic? You don't have a conversation in real life like that as well do you? This is not something I really mind though, just don't think it is necessary.
What I do mind is deleting threads. Good to see most moderators think that deleting the thread was a mistake. People spend time posting and if you delete their posts you are basically saying their time or pov is irrelevant. That is why I think deleting threads should not be done unless it is spam, and only delete posts if there is a very good reason.

Usually for non straightforward matters it gets discussed before any action is taken. Normally this works well as a mix of opinions are first considered. In this case I guess that procedure broke down due to impatience?
We can only do our best.

I don't miss the thread. It may be a mistake but as all videos are converted to unclickable links anyway with the board update...

Furthermore did anybody read the thread? I thought it was a posting only thread anyway. Let is rest in peace.

So there is a problem with using collective punishment to deal with personal problems. We all know who we are.

As someone who enjoyed and used that thread, lets see whats happening. It was cool, because it had a variety of different things, from different people.

Very much the same, from only a few ones, is just a live-feed of what goes into your ears, and coming out in post-form, its noise.

So if you want to be cool with high post-count, consider how counter-productive it is. Lets go back to everyone seeing themselves in a rational light.

Edit: So just because moderators are lax with going off topic, doesn't mean it should be done, and then at least not often. At the root of all these problems is to do with starting with just yourself, whoever you are in all of this.

Sure - but I like to encourage eigenverantwortlichkeit for users instead. You only need moderators in some cases. I like discussion on a forum / thread with limited scrutinizing. Why should every discussion be on-topic? You don't have a conversation in real life like that as well do you? This is not something I really mind though, just don't think it is necessary.

I agree with all of this. After all, moderators are called "moderators" for a reason.

But to limit Eigenverantwortlichkeit while encouraging Eigenverantwortlichkeit, that just doesn't sound like a promising thing to me. I believe that any moderator who is eigenverantwortlich will be all the better at exemplifying what a fruitful discussion culture could and does look like, as opposed to moderators who are just spam-and-emergency click-drones with limited abilities.

The better solution would be to technically ensure that everything that's being altered and/or erased during moderation measures can be restored to any previous state, even when there's a software upgrade that's happening.

Quote said:
Realistically I could file a police report for this post as it's quite threatening. I am a nice guy and I wouldn't do that and sadly wont' be meeting you IRL for these circumstances. Probably have brushed past you a lot in the CBD though xD Anyway I am not targeting anyone here and it's just to try and promote more discussion around the Pyra and Pandora and NOT to curb the social aspect of this forum.
I recommend you tell the police about what I've said or I can tell them for you, if you want.
There's nothing wrong with me meeting you in person to verbally tell you what I think about you and how unhappy I am about your treatment of me. You can never tell what's up until you see facial expressions, you know.
This would make you realise that I'm not a computer, but actually a human being behind the computer with actually feelings. 
By the way, just as I've mentioned in my "Have you ever been in a physical fight with someone?" thread, I've never been in a fight and my father always taught me that talking it out is for champs and fighting is for losers!

Quote said:
[COLOR= rgb(82, 82, 82)]Realistically I could file a police report for this post as it's quite threatening. I am a nice guy and I wouldn't do that and sadly wont' be meeting you IRL for these circumstances. Probably have brushed past you a lot in the CBD though xD [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(82, 82, 82)]Anyway I am not targeting anyone here and it's just to try and promote more discussion around the Pyra and Pandora and NOT to curb the social aspect of this forum.[/COLOR]
I recommend you tell the police about what I've said or I can tell them for you, if you want.

There's nothing wrong with me meeting you in person to verbally tell you what I think about you and how unhappy I am about your treatment of me. You can never tell what's up until you see facial expressions, you know.

This would make you realise that I'm not a computer, but actually a human being behind the computer with actually feelings. 

By the way, just as I've mentioned in my "Have you ever been in a physical fight with someone?" thread, I've never been in a fight and my father always taught me that talking it out is for champs and fighting is for losers!

I'm not going to tell anyone about what you said as you're obviously distraught. Perhaps we can talk via Skype or something. I'm not a bad guy, sorry if I do come across as one and i'm sure you're not either mate! :)  I'm always on IRC as well.

Cheers
P.S I don't believe in getting physical either, good ethics mate!

Quote said:
[COLOR= rgb(82, 82, 82)]Realistically I could file a police report for this post as it's quite threatening. I am a nice guy and I wouldn't do that and sadly wont' be meeting you IRL for these circumstances. Probably have brushed past you a lot in the CBD though xD [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(82, 82, 82)]Anyway I am not targeting anyone here and it's just to try and promote more discussion around the Pyra and Pandora and NOT to curb the social aspect of this forum.[/COLOR]

I'm not going to tell anyone about what you said as you're obviously distraught. Perhaps we can talk via Skype or something. I'm not a bad guy, sorry if I do come across as one and i'm sure you're not either mate! :)  I'm always on IRC as well.

Cheers
P.S I don't believe in getting physical either, good ethics mate!
I like getting physical... although I'm probably talking about something else...

Back