Beta Monkey Bubble

mcobit

Advanced Member
I just ported this game. I am not the creator!

Monkey Bubble is in a game in which you must explode all bubbles in the game area.
You explode bubbles by putting at least 3 of the same colour in contact. Any bubble that is connected to the top or the sides of the game area by bubbles you just exploded falls too.

Please adjust controls in the menu before playing!

PND:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,257

monkey-bubble.png

I love Puzzle Bobble, so I just tried this out... I have a lot of questions, since it's not really working for me.

First of all, is it possible to turn on fullscreen by default? The game is 480px tall, but because it's windowed, the xfce start menu and the window graphics cut off quite a chunk of that, so you can't actually see the bottom part of the game. I tried to turn it on in the settings, but with no success.

Also, I guess I should adjust the controls in the menu, but maybe those could be there by default?

I also noticed that there are a whole lot of multiplayer options, including netplay. Intriguing! Did anyone try those out?

You can make it fullscreen by simply clicking on the icon in the top left corner and choose fullscreen.
Did you get it from the archive or from repo? I think I did some changes in the repoversion (should have changed the link ;) )
But if you like, I can have another look at this and fix the default controls too.

Well, fullscreen is not really a problem, as you can resize the window as you like and the graphics will be resized too. It's all svg.

Thanks, I didn't know about the left-hand icon. Is there any way to make it fullscreen while keeping the original aspect ratio? It stretches everything out right now.

This also seems to need some overclocking to run smoothly... at least if you also have Wifi and Midori running.

I don't know of any way to make it fullscreen without stretching. As said, you can resize it to any size and the graphics will adapt, as it is vectorgraphicsbased.
Keep in mind, that this is a gnome program, not some sdl stuff.

Edit: Also I will have to compile this from ground up again. Didn't crosscompile the first version.
This may take some time, that I don't have currently, but I might get back to it in some days.

Back