Monkey Island 3 On Gp32?

Funkmeister_Smith

Still Fresh
Hi!

I was just wondering if its possible to play Monkey Island 3 on my GP32 using SCUMM? I have an original copy of MI3, but I think it surely must be too big to store on a 128MB SMC?

Would I just have to strip it down (i.e. take out cutscenes, voices etc.) or what?
Has anyone ever tried or know how to do it?

Thanks! :)

No, sorry, it's totaly impossible ... the current version of ScummGp doesn't support MI3 unfortunatly :(
so we'll need to wait that one day this great engine will be updated for our gp32_console ;)
see ya!

even if it would fit it wouldnt work couse teh resulution is over 320*240, read the readme next time, thank you

Oh well, never mind. I thought as much. :( I did read the 'readme' but there was no mention of the games that it supports at present so thats why I asked.

Cheers.

Funkmeister_Smith posted on Feb 26 2005 at 02:47 PM said:
Oh well, never mind. I thought as much. :( I did read the 'readme' but there was no mention of the games that it supports at present so thats why I asked.

Cheers.

But it doesn`t take much to come to that conclusion by yourself... max 128mb... and the total of files needed by ScummVM (pc-version) is over 1gb large... :eek: <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Feb 26 2005 at 01:38 PM said:
even if it would fit it wouldnt work couse teh resulution is over 320*240, read the readme next time, thank you

Guys at ScummVm make a version which can run games like MI3 (which are running in 640*480) on a normal Pocket PC screen (which is 320*240) if I remember well ;)

but it's true that anyway we wouldn't fit the whole game even with mp3 & every other tips to make it as small as possible ... but maybe the Demo version would run (I saw that @ 110 Mo iicr)

Tidus posted on Feb 26 2005 at 10:20 PM said:

Guys at ScummVm make a version which can run games like MI3 (which are running in 640*480) on a normal Pocket PC screen (which is 320*240) if I remember well ;)

but it's true that anyway we wouldn't fit the whole game even with mp3 & every other tips to make it as small as possible ... but maybe the Demo version would run (I saw that @ 110 Mo iicr)

As far as I know, you can`t make it smaller with compression (my PC ScumVM folder is around 4 gigabyte large and MI3 is taking most of that space...

Quiest posted on Feb 27 2005 at 01:26 AM said:

As far as I know, you can`t make it smaller with compression (my PC ScumVM folder is around 4 gigabyte large and MI3 is taking most of that space...

On the subject of Scumm, I can't find the emulator anywhere to download. Am I just being dim? (again :huh: )

Can't really believe that my old Monky games will run on this thing...?

lubidog posted on Feb 27 2005 at 09:02 AM said:

On the subject of Scumm, I can't find the emulator anywhere to download. Am I just being dim? (again :huh: )

Merry Christmas.
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,96

kknd_cf posted on Feb 27 2005 at 12:03 PM said:

Merry Christmas.

Thanks, but it aint there! I suppose it's not up because of the server move? Not because it isn't anymore available?

But thanks again, i'll keep checking the link. It's not like I don't have enough other riches to play with! 4 days with my GP, and I have too many classics to revisit. I'm like a kid in a sweetshop.

Do you all play through your old favs, or try systems you never had? I never had a snes, and would love to play the old ninny games, but my new blu+ can't handle them yet.... I think!

Ta again

Lub

lubidog posted on Feb 27 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on Feb 27 2005 at 12:03 PM said:

Merry Christmas.

Thanks, but it aint there! I suppose it's not up because of the server move? Not because it isn't anymore available?

But thanks again, i'll keep checking the link. It's not like I don't have enough other riches to play with! 4 days with my GP, and I have too many classics to revisit. I'm like a kid in a sweetshop.

Do you all play through your old favs, or try systems you never had? I never had a snes, and would love to play the old ninny games, but my new blu+ can't handle them yet.... I think!

Ta again

Lub

I've discoved loads of great new things with my GP32, eg C64. Try going as far back as you can, games were amazing then!

Back