Monkey Light Pro - Bicycle Wheel Display System

Cool, but way too expensive (like almost as much as my bike!)

It's just a really expensive Spoke-POV.

Ok, it's RGB, but is that really worth it?

It is to expensive for sure.

It was on Dragons Den, they say that on the KS page but i'm not sure if that was a previous version of the thing.

Price aside, I think its very very cool.  

I think the Pandora team should buy one and ride around Germany with a Pandora Ad on the wheels.  :D

Cool gadget, but $895 ? Seriously? You can buy a very decent bike for that amount, or two ReBirth Pandoras.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It only really works in the dark and when you can somehow get a good sideways look at the wheels. There are not a lot of real-life situations in which anyone can actually see those nice animations.

Edit: and $895 is the price for just one wheel, it's $1690 if you want it on both wheels (as shown in all the videos).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many people are going to be interested. And yet, at that price, they don't need very many people to be interested. They're almost to their goal, I don't suspect they'll have any problem getting a few hundred bike enthusiasts with money to burn. Wouldn't catch me with one, but more power to those that do.

I don't know if it's big in other countries, but bikes towing ad signs are common in my area. Advertising is the sort of commercial application these would be squarely aimed at, and would excel at (at night at least)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some absurd shit on dragons den nowadays.

Mostly crap like infomercials.

Im surprised it doesent hook up to a why-phone or a why-pad.

Mobile advertisements are hugely popular here in Chicago.  On Saturdays there are bars that don't close until 5am and strip clubs that don't close until 8am so you see mobile advertisements for clubs all night.  Imagine having a couple of tits (clothed) and then the name of your club displayed on the wheels of a bike being operated by a couple of tits (clothed?).  

Get some exercise and make enough money to pay for these overpriced LED's in Two Months ™.  

I think I'm just going to use ™ for that joke from now on.  Same letters and all. 

^^^^Hmmm id not factored tits into the equation. This changes everything!! :eek: :lol:

now a kicstarter even vaguely connected with tits... count me in!!

That's a hefty premium over the $75 model to get that last few inches near the hub, although I'm not sure if it's also higher resolution.  And certainly more than the $50 stripe model.

Hmm, might be a fun hardware project to try to make my own, come to think of it.

Back