Monster 2 For Wiz Beta 1

trentg

Hi everyone. Some people have asked for this and so here it is: Monster 2 ported to the Wiz. I would really appreciate any bug reports. For more information on the game see http://www.nooskewl.com/node/29/ and http://www.nooskewl.com/blogs/trent/. Enjoy!

Download link

Excellent job. :)
One thing I noticed though, the sword and the shield both show as bones! (Is this normal?)
Now I've equipped these I might last long than 2 minutes!
Cheers, Neil

Oh, and is there any way that the B button could be used for the action/accept key like nearly every other Wiz game? (A seems back to front)
Keep up the good work.

The sword and shield are both supposed to say "Bone" but they should have different icons, indicating that ones a sword and ones armor.

There is no configuration menu for the buttons, but if you open the configuration, change something, then exit, it will write out a configuration file (named "config" in the directory of the game). You can edit this file and replace monster2->game->joyb1 with a 1, it should be 0 by default.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The A/B button fix works fine.
No other problems so far, apart from the red screen hang up (as mentioned in your readme)
Cheers

By the "the red screen hang up" do you mean it hangs when you exit sometimes? I assume that's what you mean but I just want to be certain. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out, but it's one of those intermittent things that has been really tricky to nail down.

Impressive game, thanks for porting it to the Wiz. :) As Neil L said, no problems so far. I had no hang up and savestates are working fine. About the red screen, i got one when all my party members are dead, but after that it jumps back to the main menu. No hang up there.

trentg said:
By the "the red screen hang up" do you mean it hangs when you exit sometimes? I assume that's what you mean but I just want to be certain. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out, but it's one of those intermittent things that has been really tricky to nail down.

That's the one, no other problems so far. :)
While I'm here, here's an icon I found and resized to 22x25:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back