Release Monster 2 RPG

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Monter2Rpg, an RPG with Monsters...

preview1.png
This one use Allegro5. I used a newly ported allegro5 to GLES2 this time, so you have shader (like shadows for example). It seems this port of allegro is a bit a slow (it's not very apparent on Gigahertz model, but you can feel it on a CC). It's fully playable and enjoyable (and it's not an action game).

I had many issue, and had to include a few hack to make this one run (to make it exit properly, and to make it launch on CC model). But it seems to be working ok now (I haven't tested the download of the HQ music but it should work).

History log
========

Build 03
----------

• Fresh build with latest sources
  • Updated Allegro to 5.2.2.0
  • Config is new, so you need to reconfigure keys (default action is Space)
Build 02
----------

• Unhardwired Home and End key so {A} and {B} button can key binded to any action
Build 01
----------

• Initial build
  • optimised memory during atlas building process
  • uses Allegro 5.1 on GLES2
  • Touchscreen is working (no relative mouse)

For thoses interested, the allegro 5.1 port is here: https://github.com/ptitSeb/allegro51-pandora

And the diff for the Pandora support (plus the less memory consuming atlas construction) is here: pandora.tar.gz

Attachments

• pandora.tar.gz
    5.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I have some issues with the controls. Tried to set X and Y (home and end) to action and menu only to discover that they are hard wired to left and right. Very inconvenient that.

I have some issues with the controls. Tried to set X and Y (home and end) to action and menu only to discover that they are hard wired to left and right. Very inconvenient that.
Oh really, yes that inconvenient? I though I had tried that and it worked for my. I'll dig in the sources to check all hardwired keys...

New build. There was a special case of hardwired key for MacOS it seems, so I #ifndef ALLEGRO_PANDORA that part. {A} and {B} are free to bind now :)

Also, I added the diff of the code in 1st post for thoses who want to take a look (not much diff anyway).

Build 02

----------

• Unhardwired Home and End key so {A} and {B} button can key binded to any action

Erm, yes A and B were the issue not X and Y, I'm an idiot sometimesz thank you for knowing what I meant and fixing it :)

New build (yeah, after more than 2 years).

I have updated the Allegro version for the Pandora to 5.2.2.0 (on my github there for thoses interested: https://github.com/ptitSeb/Allegro-5 , also can be build on Odroid), so I updated this one with the latest sources.
The config file seems to have change, so you need to reconfigure your keys (default action is Space). Save seems to be ok.

Build 03
----------

• Fresh build with latest sources
  • Updated Allegro to 5.2.2.0
  • Config is new, so you need to reconfigure keys (default action is Space)

There are some crashes on the spells. The black guy has no spells at level 1, trying to cast one of those „none“ crashes the game.
The priest you get a bit later has broken his spells (after level up?), trying to cast one crashes the game too.

Dmesg says:
Code:
monster2: unhandled page fault (11) at 0x00000000, code 0x80000007 (read)
monster2: pc=00000000 (monster2+ffff8000), lr=00e16f8

Tempfile: ./runscript.sh line 30: 6999 Segmentation fault ./monster2

Last edited:
Bump
Indeed after some playing time the spells end up as non existing blank entries crashing the game when clicking it.
Ive tried finding the trigger without luck, it just happens after a few minutes.
Save file gets also corrupted then, so restarting wont help.

Back