More Tv Out Wierdness

pike999

Still Fresh
I've had a bit of a game with my GP2X. After buying it and a tv out lead and all the relevant gummins to hook it up to my telly - it worked fine

But get this - when there was a picture on the telly, there was also one on the GP2X screen simultaneously. So, naturally, I took this to be the normal and natural state of affairs.

A few days on, the same GP2X and the same lead later, suddenly, when I hook the likkle fella up to my telly, I get the picture on the telly, but not on the GP2X screen at all!

So, the question is: GP2X and tvout....should the picture be on the GP2X and telly simultaneously, or just on the telly?

And, if the answer is just on the telly, then what 'gave' for the first few days. Have I messed with a menu setting or are aliens responsible.

Views / certain answers / solid speculation....

Indeed. Thanks for that. Do others concur? If so, looks like my lead may have been faulty rather than the unit...

Not so fast! There's an important issue here: I've always thought that random bits were called "gubbins", yet you've referred to them as "gummins". What's the reason for that? What do other people think?

On a trivial side-note, turning off the LCD when TV-Out is enabled is all done by the GP2X, the cable has nothing to do with it (it's a very basic cable). I'm sure it won't damage the unit in any way, but if the issue comes back and you don't like it, you need to get the GP2X looked at rather than the cable.

Back