Mortal Kombat 3 PS1, PC (Win95) and MKT N64 source codes released on 4chan

oh wow cool.
Then we maybe get a Pandora Native Version?

I know Snes Emulators and other work...but a native Version would be nice :D

A "Special Pandora Build" :)

Yeah unfortunately it probably wasn't legal to release it. Although Akklaim is no longer in business, so I'm not sure who owns it now.

"It's cheating because it reads your inputs"...
What? I don't get it. It's only like me standing next to you playing the game on an arcade and watching your input. The computer also doesn't know if the "down" you've pressed is going to be followed by a "forward+lp" for an ice ball, or you're just ducking. It can't read the future.
It can have a vastly superior response time, which you could argue is cheating, but I'm sure there is code to slow the response, or force mistakes so you have a chance.

IIRC, when Archer McLean wrote International Karate, he worked from a position of "perfect" solutions (ie, if you're here and I'm there, do this), then based on the skill level, forced the computer to make a % of mistakes.

Mk3 Snes Cheats:
1:
up,up,down,down,left,right,a,b,a
2:
x,b,a,y,up,left,down,right,down
3:
select,a,b,left,right,up,up,down,down ...or nearly this.

...Hyperfighting and one Button Fatalities are the Best:D

Have anyone other played Mk3 with Hyperfighting?
You must be very fast there..hehe :)

What? I don't get it. It's only like me standing next to you playing the game on an arcade and watching your input. The computer also doesn't know if the "down" you've pressed is going to be followed by a "forward+lp" for an ice ball, or you're just ducking. It can't read the future.
It can have a vastly superior response time, which you could argue is cheating, but I'm sure there is code to slow the response, or force mistakes so you have a chance.

But I'd be looking at the screen if I were playing against you at the arcade. Between looking at you move the stick/press the buttons and looking at what your character is doing on the screen, I'd think I'd grok your intentions quicker using the latter. The early MK games are cheating b******s, and the only way to beat them is to cheese them.

I can't understand if that was legal

Almost certainly not, I suspect this thread might get attention from Mods, probably shouldn't be linking to copyrighted materials. And it's a link to 4chan to boot which probably makes it doubly worse.

Between looking at you move the stick/press the buttons and looking at what your character is doing on the screen, I'd think I'd grok your intentions quicker using the latter
That was kind of my point. Reading the players input would not yield you any advantage regardless of if you're a computer or a person. What is the advantage is the speed at which it can respond, but that's a different matter. Meh, just me with semantics I guess

Did MK have a multi-cab link system or anything like that? Only time I've ever played an MK game competitively, me and my opponent were side by side, and using my ears it was relatively easy to tell when he was trying to execute a special.

IIRC, when Archer McLean wrote International Karate, he worked from a position of "perfect" solutions (ie, if you're here and I'm there, do this), then based on the skill level, forced the computer to make a % of mistakes.

wat, ofc it does. You do a hadoken motion, the game reads a hadoken motion and then the oponent do something to prevent get hit with that attack.

Back