Most Playable Games On Squidgesnes?

I cant get metroid or final fantasy quest to work? can someone help me out?

Do other games work? Are you sure the roms are a good dump? What happens when you try to run the games? What is the air speed velocity of a laden swallow?

Other games work. Its a good dump (Ive tried 2 different ones)
When I run metroid I see the nintendo logo and then it goes black and nothing happens When I run finafantasy quest everything works but when i clik start on the menu of the game it does nothing it just sits there.

What kind of swallow? Africian or European?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you enable sound emulation for Super Metroid in the options? It won't run without it...

I found that at 266mhz most things are playable, i'm busy working my way thought super ghouls and ghosts, which i'd recommend to everyone as an amazing platformer - its much better than ghouls and ghosts.

Just to let anyone know whos interested, yes chrono trigger is playable at 266mhz, with sound, but once you get to the future parts ( this is for people who kow what I'm talkin about) the dome levels dont load right and you can't see the levels, although you can still talk to people but its alot harder to do something if yo can't see where you are you know

Zelda runs decent. Super Metroid is great, but the areas with transparancies are not passable.

If you mastered the game at 5 like I did then the levels are imprinted in your brain. :lol: I think i could beat that game blindfolded B) .

I got passed the part with trancperencies on crateria.

edit-oops double post

Now that I have savestates and a patch for the sprites at the bottom of the screen, I've spent all my time with Zelda (w/ sound off of course. I love the feature, just wish I had vol. control) Haven't tested much else.

Actraiser works fine without overclocking. Sweet game!

EDIT: Spoke too soon. :( Everything works (this thing goes TOO fast sometimes, but FPS limiter works) except for saves. It will save a game as long as I'm in the emulator but if I exit, the savegame is gone.

I made sure to exit out to the menu in case it was a sync problem, but that didn't fix it.

Another game that is very playable is BS Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman (a game related to the title "ShockMan" for the TurboGrafx-16). It runs at roughly full-speed with no overclocking required, with SquidgeSNES's default settings.l

Zelda runs decent. Super Metroid is great, but the areas with transparancies are not passable.

If you mastered the game at 5 like I did then the levels are imprinted in your brain. :lol: I think i could beat that game blindfolded B) .

I got passed the part with trancperencies on crateria.

edit-oops double post

Hey Whisk, care to share your save state? :)

Sure but turns out that about 20 minutes of gameplay later there is a spot not even I can pass because of trancparencies. :rolleyes:

Back