Motorola's £135 quad-core phone coming soon

Garrett

Advanced Member
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Motorola+G/news.asp?c=55244

I was thinking of buying a new handset in the next couple of weeks, but will now probably wait until the smoke clears & see how the others respond to this.

It may well turn out to be a complete bag o' shite, (which is kinda likely at that price-point) but who knows, stranger things have happened..

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good upgrade from my current effort (Orange San Francisco 2) regardless of if it's considered "great".

Though, where are the physical buttons? :(

I'm thinking about upgrading my sIII to this and finally being free of a contract.

...Snapdragon 400..

Any MTK6589/6589T phone will own this piece of wood both price and performance wise. :)

whatever.

any smart phone around 200 USD from any Chinese store on the INTERNET.   :)
They look quite good, except for their sizes (with possible exception to the Jiayu, but that doesn't seem to have the three standard Android buttons (home, back and menu)).
That said, that Moto G looks like it could be a big phone, though it does say 4.5" screen

I bought a Moto G for my girlfriend and it's better than I expected in every aspect. I know the processor is a bit long in the tooth now, but I've done everything I can to make it lag or stutter and failed. The phone is fast as hell... you can probably thank the fact that Google are looking after the Android build for that. It'll be well looked after on the software front, to KitKat and probably beyond. The same cannot be said for those MTK6589 phones from China. Sure the SoC is better on paper, but the software is usually far from great (even on those Jiayu phones like the G4 Advanced) and unless you're happy getting your hands dirty with custom ROMs, the majority are devoid of any updates as well. 

The Moto G is an incredible phone for the price, I (and more importantly my gf) am very happy with it.

I bought a Moto G for my girlfriend and it's better than I expected in every aspect
How did you buy one when it's not yet for sale?
Edit: or should I say "available"? it only looks like you can preorder it

I bought a Moto G for my girlfriend and it's better than I expected in every aspect
How did you buy one when it's not yet for sale?

Edit: or should I say "available"? it only looks like you can preorder it
It's been available since last Friday at phones4u in England. I picked one up the same day they got them in stock. It cost £130 with a useless payg sim and spare white case.

Ah, I checked Amazon, and they were only preorder. Think I might need to head down to a Phones4U, been meaning to change off EE too, so might as well do it all in one go :)

Back