Mounting the PND failed

Todespreis

Hello there! And again some problems from newbie town ^^. This time with Pandora. After my Pandora got off, because of the battery, it is just not sitting tight. I couldn't start the Pandora, it had some kind of console menu, were i had to verify my self, it wouldn't work somehow, so I reflashed the device. After reflashing it, the touchscreen won't work anymore. And I can't change the time and date. Here are some pictures. Maybe someone has any idea, what I could do with it
Post automatically merged:

Here the pictures, i had to make them a bit smaller

Here

Attachments

• IMG-20221112-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20221112-WA0005.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-20221112-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221112-WA0004.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG-20221112-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20221112-WA0007.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG-20221112-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20221112-WA0006.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 105
Okay, he can't read the squashfs file. Now I know, what it is, but still - i have no idea how to get it. Do I have to install it? Or can I download it as a package?

Okay, the squashfs file problem seems to be a known problem.
Here asks someone about it on stack overflow and he says, that he is working on an omap cpu (Pandora?). It seems to be a problem with the iso file during installation. Maybe I have just to do it again ‍♂️

After reflashing it, the touchscreen won't work anymore.
This can not happen.
On a fresh flash everything works. Do not try to play around with minor detail problems. Your OS was copied damaged, there is no sense trying to fix random bits.
I think the flashing program does a self test during the copying so there is a chance that the nand of your pandora is broken instead.
Try booting from SD instead i would suggest.

I have 2 Pandora's with similar problem. I don't think, that both Nands got broken. I mean, that would be pretty strange, wouldn't it?

But thanks for advice, i'll try it!

Similar or same? slight difference here.
A fresh install of the OS works. No doubt here.
Have you installed the wrong image? Is the Image damaged? Is your SD card broken?

Thank you for the answers! @TrashyMG indeed i tried to boot the 1.76 image form software releases forum. Now i used one form the link you gave me. But i think the actual problem was, that my SD card was formated to ext3 and not Fat32. And now my touchscreen works pretty fine, bun i still have the question, why are there so big differences of software working on different file systems???

Reactions: rSl
Thank you for the answers! @TrashyMG indeed i tried to boot the 1.76 image form software releases forum. Now i used one form the link you gave me. But i think the actual problem was, that my SD card was formated to ext3 and not Fat32. And now my touchscreen works pretty fine, bun i still have the question, why are there so big differences of software working on different file systems???
ext3 was brand spanking. or at least not nearly as distributed yet when the Pandora came out, bootloader from my shaky memory likes fat32 or ext2 depending on what boot options are used in the boot arguments.

EDIT: well looks like ext3 was out for a bit by then, but not really adopted for use with embedded devices as much back then.

Last edited:
Mounting a PND could fail if it doesn't have write permissions for where it wants to put the appdata directory (and FAT32 doesn't have these sorts of permissions).

Back