Movie Park

When Moviepark is gone, do you think its fair game to release it on the internet for free

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say that if moviepark goes away for good, SOMETHING will replace it. Probably a different (better?) comercial player. I certainly don't have the exact numbers, but I'd guess well over 50% of the people who buy GP32s buy moviepark as well. there's obviously a market, and the MFG has to see that the "portable movie player" feature is a major selling point for the system. It's the #1 reason I bought mine.

Even if a new comercial player is never released, that will just be an incentive for someone to code a free one that is as good or better than moviepark.

well the moviepark divx player probably took a team of coders with experience coding for the system a long time to make, doing however many hours a day they did, i don't think we have any people in the community that can give that amount of time to coding

Isn't there ALREADY a freeware DiVX player that runs nearly as well as moviepark? Perhaps it just needs a bit of optimizing.

I'm using a 'pirated' version now, but in a rom 'if you own the original manner'. The actual software on my GP32 is a hacked warez version which I got from P2P but afterwards I paid for moviepark but didn't download it as I beleive the GP32 needs all the support it gets, and I don't believe in piracy.

The main reason for this in the first place was due to the fact that I didn't have a valid credit card and at the time there was no one to borrow one from. I was so desperate to use it that I did the dirty.

Anyhoo, Like so many people have said, movie park should only become free if another one does not surface. It's one of the biggest selling points of the console and it would be a real shame if new buyers did not get the chance to have a decent movieplayer.

Quick question slightly off topic;

Are fxe's gbx's and zpk's etc. backwards compatible, in the sense that someone can take one to pieces and see how it works, edit it and reassemble it? Couldn't someone ever use the current moviepark as a source code and add new features or just see how it is done in order to produce a v.good 3rd party divx player? I don't know much about coding for the GP32 I just thought it would be an interesting idea if possible.

Moviepark is commercial software! The company who madeit is still in business. Also Entware as company who sell it is also in bussines. So dont say it is abandonware. Abandonware software is when a company who made a software doesnt exist anymore and noone else has acquired right to it. When something is not sold it doesnt mean you have to pirate it because you cant buy. Its your problem you didnt buy it already. Dont blame others you didnt get it in normal way. There is nowhere written that if something is sold out it must be automatic pirated with Abandonware word in mounth.
And to remind all of you. this board is AGAINTS any kind of piracy of commercial products. I hope it is clear to anyone.
TOPIC CLOSED (and if someone will start new topic regarding moviepark and its "abandonware status" it would be removed ASAP (probably author as well).
And to not be cruel to end, there is also good news. Probably there would be a movie player included in new version of official Gamepark firmware . But treat it as a rumour. I dont want to take responsibility for any Gamepark action ;) like when they release more crappy firmware that he current one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back