Movie Player In Firmware 4

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Hey,

I upgraded yesterday and have been fairly happy with the firmware, but today on the bus I watched a video and after quitting it like I always do with start all seemed well. However on the way back I tried to resume where I was and I didn't get the normal dialog asking if I want to continue. Instead it plopped me back to the beginning! Please please tell me that I'm missing something. I really liked the movie playback feature because of this resume (not even nokia tablets do this correctly! gph really did a good job with this), soooo handy on public transport and if it's been destroyed in the upgrade I need to start looking to other options.

It works on mine. I have a F-200 so I'm not sure if it would be exactly the same (but both are FW 4.0).

How did you quit from the player?

On mine, if I quit by selecting the "Exit" menu or pressing the Start/Home button, it would ask if I want to resume the video when I start the player again. If I go to file selector before quiting or power down the GP2X while playing, then it would not ask to resume.

Manjuu said:
It works on mine. I have a F-200 so I'm not sure if it would be exactly the same (but both are FW 4.0).

How did you quit from the player?

On mine, if I quit by selecting the "Exit" menu or pressing the Start/Home button, it would ask if I want to resume the video when I start the player again. If I go to file selector before quiting or power down the GP2X while playing, then it would not ask to resume.
I just tried the exit menu option. Earlier I've used start button. Nope, it doesn't resume. Damn, I seem to be plagued with problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
klikklak said:
Manjuu said:
I just tried the exit menu option. Earlier I've used start button. Nope, it doesn't resume. Damn, I seem to be plagued with problems.

Did you try it on different video files?

Well it would be good if someone else with a FW 4.0 F-100 to try it out, to see if might be a F-100 specific problem.

Just tried it, although I don't use my GP2X for videos, but yeah, it did not offer to resume playback of an Xvid nor a DivX. Maybe its F100 only?

yodaofborg said:
Just tried it, although I don't use my GP2X for videos, but yeah, it did not offer to resume playback of an Xvid nor a DivX. Maybe its F100 only?
on my F100, the resume function just works.

noreason said:
yodaofborg said:
on my F100, the resume function just works.

And you're running fw 4? Can someone else report on this as well, so I and yodaofborg can start looking for ways to fix it. I tried with a different video and it didn't work.

Back