Mp2x W/ Mp4 Accel Under Open2x

danboid

Am I right in saying that open2x DR2 is still lacking a movie player like MP2X with accelerated DVD res MP4 TV out? This is our prize 2X feature so I'm not really that interested in open2X until this is working as I don't have a BoB to do X11 so...

danboid said:
Am I right in saying that open2x DR2 is still lacking a movie player like MP2X with accelerated DVD res MP4 TV out? This is our prize 2X feature so I'm not really that interested in open2X until this is working as I don't have a BoB to do X11 so...
No, I recently was able to compile it using the open2x toolchain. The changes to the files can be found here: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,2352.

There are still some minor issues like the mouse cursor is visible all the time (easily fixed with new SDL lib i think) and the cpu speed that has to be changed in gmenu2x and then set to the same in mp2x (full 200mhz, normal 166, save 100 (or 133 ?)). I have used it for a week or 2 or something like that and except those problems everything seems to work fine. Those little things will be certainly fixed before the final open2x release.

Also in case tv out isn't working (I haven't tested this yet with mp2x on open2x), you can always run in compat mode for that feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lithosphere! That's great news! You don't have a BoB or TV out cable though? Can anyone confirm hi-res TV output is working under the Open2X build of MP2X?

I've not tried vobs under MP2X either but I would very much doubt it. I was asking about DVD res xvid/divx, not DVD video proper.

danboid said:
Thanks Lithosphere! That's great news! You don't have a BoB or TV out cable though? Can anyone confirm hi-res TV output is working under the Open2X build of MP2X?

I've not tried vobs under MP2X either but I would very much doubt it. I was asking about DVD res xvid/divx, not DVD video proper.
Yes those should work. If it worked on gph firmware, it should work on open2x. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back