MP3 Playback

Demonix

I've got some mp3's of a radio show (phone in type thing) which has been sampled at around 16Khz (ok for voice phone-ins etc) and when I tried to play these back on my GP32 they were speeded up.

Anyone know if there will be any enhancements to the current MP3 players out there to slow down the output?!

you can make them play just by re-saving the mp3 as 128k

There is an amazing looking MP3 player in the works that i have a flyer for.

Its suprising that no one has released a cool looking free mp3 player...

Now the GP32 is really picking up it won't be long.

I'll convert one to see how big it gets... basically they are around 1hr long = 7mb.

Do you know if the new mp3 program allows for the lower sampled files or just one sort (128k)?

Hmmmmmm I tried that one and it just reboots the GP32. I've created a \GPFM folder and copied all the files into it as well.. is that correct?

craigix posted on Mar 10 2003 said:
you can make them play just by re-saving the mp3 as 128k

There is an amazing looking MP3 player in the works that i have a flyer for.

Its suprising that no one has released a cool looking free mp3 player...

Now the GP32 is really picking up it won't be long.
someone should make a clone port of PCDJ or summin...call it GPDJ B)

essentially allowing 2 mp3s to be played simulatenously (akin to being a real DJ of course) with a cross fader in the middle to fade between tracks.

the cross fader could be controlled via either the left & right shoulder buttons, or the left and right on the direction pad

pitch up & down could be controlled by pressing up & down directions

button A can be used to play/stop "deck/mp3 A" and button for "deck/mp3 b"

select can choose which mp3 to control and select+start can open a new mp3 into each virtual deck!

ok, call me crazy - i won't get my machine until later in the week so i have no idea if this is possible, but surely the prospect of a portable PCDJ would be great? no?

hopefully someone will realise this genius idea and expand on it :D
hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back