Mp3 Recommendation

With my music collection having reach a size that mp3 CDs no longer seem convient I looking to buy a Harddrive MP3 player.

Some things on my checklist are:
20 GB Capacity Minium(40 or more preferred)
No more 200(unless its 40 GB or more)
Support for Ogg Vorbis would be nice but not nessisary.

Thanks in Advance for your feedback, and I apoligize for my spelling mistakes.

P.s. Don't Say Ipod or Sony, I don't have that kind of money.

Rio Karma

Ogg Vorbis, Flac support, good battery life, 20 gigs storage, around 200, sometimes on sale at around 180$ looks nice too, has some really handy features like seamless playblack and cross fader. And if your the technical type you can mod it to 40 gb. 40gb Hack

You want a 40gig mp3 player for £40...good luck
Advancedmp3players.co.uk are good though

Rio Karma seems the best for you as it plays ogg and has a good sized hd. I own a Zen Touch, however, and have only good things to say about it, especially when considering the price (I got my 20 gig for $200), sound, and 24 hour battery life.

edit: I began a thread some time ago when i was looking for a good mp3 player. Don't know if it will be much help to you but here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
iRiver iHP120 (or 140) fulfills all your criteria, and has direct record as well.

also, 12 hr battery life!

here

although, you can get it cheaper than this.

Direct recording rules!

Rio Karma, definetly. You can get it for less than $200 on Newegg and it has 20gigs, wonderful sound quality, and an excellent menu system. Here are some good things about it:

-Viewing your playlist when on random - you push the joystick and it shows the playlist, and you can scan down or up and skip to any song. As far as I know, you can't view your playlist or where you are on it with the ipod (if you can, someone please correct me)

-Adjusting your playlist: at any time, you can select any song and move it to a different place on your playlist. This you can do while playing another song, etc.

-Viewing details about the song: like format, bitrate, number of times played, etc

-Rio dj: lots of cool features like play most often played, least often played, play me music for x amount of time, music added within the past day/week/month/year

-Dedicated volume buttons: very useful for when you are riding your bike or need to change the volume immediately

Back