Mp3 Visualizations

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
I know, many of them are incredibly overrated, and don't do anything, and they certainly don't belong on a multimedia handheld.

But...

I am a big fan of any visualization that does voiceprint, as I listen to Aphex Twin and like to show off some of the weird things he puts into his music (Faces, spirals, etc.), and I'm also a big fan of the spectrum analyzer.

Just something to look at while playing music.

And, another step up would be to work up a visualizer that uses .avs presets. This technology is probably owned by AOL, as it's used mainly by Winamp, but it still would be a bit nifty.

Just a thought...

Rayek posted on Dec 30 2005 at 04:27 AM said:
I know, many of them are incredibly overrated, and don't do anything, and they certainly don't belong on a multimedia handheld.

But...

I am a big fan of any visualization that does voiceprint, as I listen to Aphex Twin and like to show off some of the weird things he puts into his music (Faces, spirals, etc.), and I'm also a big fan of the spectrum analyzer.

Just something to look at while playing music.

And, another step up would be to work up a visualizer that uses .avs presets. This technology is probably owned by AOL, as it's used mainly by Winamp, but it still would be a bit nifty.

Just a thought...

I also thought about that.. would be VERY nice to see...
a nice spectrum analyser and a beautiful scope... of course other more interesting things would be cool too.. maybe these plugins would be nice because it would be easier to integrate new features/visualisers.....

maybe the integration in the mplayer ported by GPH might become a lil problem? Maybe they should add the plugin feature themselves (well not now since there ar emore important things ;D )

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best visualization plugins i've used before is Infinity for XMMS.
It's like G-Force used to be before it got good enough to become commercial.
The plugin is nearly complete, opensource & I think it uses SDL.

I like the idea of the GP2X being able to display things like this.
If u had a party, u could put the music files u want on a memory card & hook the GP2X to your tv for added volume/better sound & a nice trippy show.. Sweet!

It has many uses... I'm just one who wants to see the Spectrum Analyzer when I'm playing music on a screened device.

There is a linux based visualisation program written in SDL called fische. It has some really cool visualisations and it gets the audio input from ALSA. I don't know if the GP2X uses ALSA, but it shouldn't be too hard to modify the audio input to use something else. I tried to make it run with SMPEG, but I couldn't find the right functions in SMPEG to get the required audio information for each frame.

Maybe it could be intergrated into that commandline MP3 player.

URL: http://www.maysl.at/fische/

There is a linux based visualisation program written in SDL called fische. It has some really cool visualisations and it gets the audio input from ALSA. I don't know if the GP2X uses ALSA, but it shouldn't be too hard to modify the audio input to use something else. I tried to make it run with SMPEG, but I couldn't find the right functions in SMPEG to get the required audio information for each frame.

Maybe it could be intergrated into that commandline MP3 player.

URL: http://www.maysl.at/fische/
Looks even better than the Infinity Plugin from the screenshots.
Nice find Skitzo :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see Sega Saturn's visualization on GP2X's playback. Those cubes transforming into sphere were exelent.

saturn-bios-japan.jpg

Back