MSX Help [SOLVED]

Kumaki

I have the MSX emulator installed. It seems to come up, but does not recognize any of my ROMS.

Now, I have the MSX emulator on my Dingoo, using these same ROMS and they work...

So, obviously there is something I'm missing. Roms that work on one emu ought to work on another emu...right?

Any suggestions here?

My rom files are file extension .rom

There is no README file or anything where I could find help. The only discussion thread, which led off the emulators list...went to the GP32X site...which is not helpful to me - as it mentioned a README...which of course I do not have...and nothing else was mention...if there is a kickstart or something you need.

Anyone here have MSX running give me a hand?

Would much appreciate it...thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
not familiar with the emulator but perhaps you need the bios or something, if needed should be easy enough to find

not familiar with the emulator but perhaps you need the bios or something, if needed should be easy enough to find

that's what I was hoping someone could tell me if there was a bios I needed, and what it was called.

The thing is...this thing comes up as if everything's perfect...it just doesn't recognize my roms...which ARE recognized in a different MSX emu.

Usually, when you need a bios - the emu will tell you that, for example, how Handy or UAE4ALL will tell you, first time you fire them up...that you need a boot file, and what it is.

This one isn't telling me anything like that.

The bios with this emulator (openMSX I assume) is quite irritating. I would recommend the Panasonic FS-A1GT bios. It has the full 512K of ram and works nicely with most games (tested with Metal Gear 1, 2, and bubble bobble). You need a fs-a1gt_firmware.rom and a fs-a1gt_kanjifont.rom

The bios with this emulator (openMSX I assume) is quite irritating. I would recommend the Panasonic FS-A1GT bios. It has the full 512K of ram and works nicely with most games (tested with Metal Gear 1, 2, and bubble bobble). You need a fs-a1gt_firmware.rom and a fs-a1gt_kanjifont.rom

I'm using pandora-msx which is the only one listed in the emulator list. I assume this is what you meant by openMSX.

If not, then I'll have to look on the repo - this one came from apps.

EDIT: Never mnd, I found OpenMSX on the repo.

Gonna try this.

OK, got Open MSX, got the rom files. Now gonna try see if this will work out.

Everything now works. Really not sure why the roms I had were not working, but I got a new batch of them, and those worked. Same darn files...so I dunno.

Back