Mugen

OpenMugen: Yes but the game isn't feature complete.
Mugen: No, there is no source code available to public.

Start using the search people... seriously.

Well there full speed Svc chaos on Gngeo for now! I don't know if a 2d fighting engine like mugen(mod any 2d fighter in it) would be needed on the gp2x with all the full speed neogeo 2d fighting games like the samurai showdown series and king of fighters series. When psx4all kick in with playable speed there be lots of 2d fighting games and 3d also like tekken 3 and rival school.

svc chaos video at youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1cxqmZ3E8

If many people wants a mugen like engine, maybe it could be done but it would be a bit more limited. Mugen needs a lot of ram to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...
shouldnt the gp2x be able to run mugen? Its not better graphics than
mortal kombat 1,2,3 do you really need the source code dosnt you only need the game for porting it?

Im kind of new to the wold of gp2x!

by the way is there a fighting game for gp2x with downloadable chacaters and level it would be awsome? :ph34r:

A port of that KOF game for the gp32 would be nice.

I think something like mugen should be out on the gp2x, just a 2d fighting engine that works with custom characters. it does'nt have to be compatible with mugen chars, they can be extract and redone frame by frame or just re-rip and edit. I sure i'm not the only one that will spend a night or two on mods if its done. Even if its not as good as mugen, if its full speed and we can make dream match up (last blade, guilty gear, marvel vs capcom) people will go into it. Just look at bor, 10 000 downloads and there still mods being made. If your looking to make something that people wants i'm sure this is a good project even if its basic. 4 buttons, 4 special moves (ha douken), one super special(big flashy atk) by chars would'nt be bad if we can custom.

look at the gp2x, it was design for 2d fighting! lol hope i'm selling this now!

DTH posted on Oct 3 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
A port of that KOF game for the gp32 would be nice.

can we mod chars for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well atleast you can download them, so yes i guess

Actually OpenMugen is no longer open. The developer has chosen to take a different approach and would like to generate some money for all his time and dedication to his project.

Back